Programmatic Sales Director at Leaf Group
Leaf Group is looking for a Programmatic Sales Director to join our team as a programmatic and data evangelist, helping us deliver smart, data first solutions across all of Leaf Group’s owned and operated media properties for leading advertisers. This role, sitting inside Leaf Group’s Brand Partnership division, is looking for someone in either New York or Los Angeles.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society 6), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
A big vision calls for top talent. As we grow, our need for a Programmatic Sales Director grows with us.
A typical day might include:
- Prospect, ideate and secure programmatic partnerships with leading advertising brands agencies
- Manage a growing pipeline and accurately forecast new business and existing revenue booked
- Foster and nurture client and agency relationships and be responsive, visible and relevant to designated account list
- Collaborate with the Brand Partnership Account Directors to bring effective programmatic solutions to their clients. Grow and optimize PA deals alongside our team of brand focused sellers.
- Secure new business by developing and presenting relevant solutions that help clients achieve their marketing objectives
- Participate in regular sales meetings and provide ongoing reporting and feedback to sales management
- Utilize Boostr to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly and annual quotas
You’ll be successful in this role if you have strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, specifically programmatic media, using data and insights to sell, and the ability to storytell in your pitch. You will understand how to navigate through organizations to get to senior level decision makers, how to open doors and secure meetings that deliver an outcome. You’ll be a hard worker with persistence and curiosity.
What You Have:
- 5+ years of digital programmatic advertising sales experience
- Proven go-getter with ability to meet and exceed sales quotas
- Demonstrated success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable sales environment
- Strong relationships with key decision makers at advertising agencies and national advertising clients
- Diligent and motivated work ethic with a high energy, results-oriented style
- Experience in high-volume cold calling and pitching to senior executives/stakeholders
- Excellent communicator: outgoing, great writer, and public speaker
- A team player with collaborative spirit
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large
- Experience selling integrated digital programs
- Extra plus: experience working with health and wellness, home brands and products; experience selling experiential programs
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. Personal accountability goes a long way. We believe we are the change.
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture (when not virtual!)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.