Partnerships Director, Frontier
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles with offices in Santa Barbara, London, Boulder, NYC & Sydney. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Partnerships Director, Frontier to join our team.
About The Role:
As a member of the Partnerships Team, you will help successfully manage the expectations of our merchant partners, affiliate networks, OPM’s/agencies and Honey members. Our goal is to maximize partner sales and commissions without sacrificing product quality or straying from the company vision. We must work closely with Tech, Product, Growth and the rest of the company to accomplish this. We are the public face of Honey and it is our goal to convey the value of Honey to new and current partners.
What You'll Do:
As a Partnerships Director at Honey, you will:
- Work closely with the Sr. Director of Partnerships, International to create and execute on a plan to grow our client portfolio within Frontier markets (LATAM, CA, India)
- Manage a small team responsible for a specific portfolio of accounts or regions
- Develop ongoing growth goals for your portfolio, working proactively to be the voice of our brand in new and existing markets
- Build meaningful relationships with both affiliate program managers and merchants directly in your portfolio with calls, emails, and dynamic in-person meetings. Work with your direct reports/team members to empower them to do the same
- Log all updates through the Honey CMS, including all partner conversations through our Honey CRM (Salesforce)
- Strategically support the team with any ad hoc reports or projects
- Mentor and share best practices with other members of the Partnerships team and the company as a whole
- Identify new and existing partner opportunities to make business decisions based on competitor landscape, seasonality and partner marketing goals while keeping a member first mentality
- Take the lead optimizing your portfolio by securing favorable terms and strengthening client relationships while also identifying areas for improvement or risk
- Monitor and report on portfolio performance to the team and Sr. Director of Partnerships
- Frequent travel (Internationally) to conferences / partner meetings as needed
- Have strong relationships with external parties (clients, network reps, agencies) as a representative of Honey (through emails, phone calls and conference travel) and be able to speak to the value Honey provides to each of these parties
- Collaborate and trust your teammates to help you and the entire company succeed in any goals and projects you're working on
- 8+ years of relevant experience (affiliate, partnership marketing, business development, online marketing, sales/account management, performance marketing, ad tech)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience developing and negotiating partnership deals and contracts, within international markets a plus
- Able to balance competing tasks and manage multiple time-sensitive projects/agreements in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Able to influence and network with relevant contacts and able to leverage those relationships
- Successfully develops and moves projects forward independently and autonomously
- Openness and ongoing learner
- Self-starter and equally a team player & collaborator
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Management experience
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.