Manager, Business Development at AuditBoard
Who We Are
AuditBoard is a high-growth SaaS company in the financial technology space that is transforming the way organizations manage critical risk, audit and compliance initiatives. We believe in empowering enterprises to manage and control risk so that their businesses are able to thrive.
Designed by former chief audit executives, our enterprise cloud platform is purpose-built to automate and streamline activities in ways that align with how our thousands of users think and act daily. Clients range from pre-IPO organizations to Fortune 500 companies, including leading organizations such as WeWork, Activision Publishing, Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., TripAdvisor, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. and Cox Communications, among many others.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a team leader and motivator. An individual who is entrepreneurial-minded and can work with the sales department leaders to attract, develop and retain top business development talent. This person must be a coach first, but also a problem solver, highly motivated, and have a proven track record executing the role of a business development representative (BDR) at a high level. An individual who has the ability to work in a quota-driven environment, and handle multiple team members and projects simultaneously. One who can have leadership presence when called on, with the ability to act as advocate for their team, and provide strategic direction and constant improvement from this critical component of AuditBoard’s sales organization. Experience with the sales tools: Outreach, Salesforce, LinkedIn, and Zoominfo. Audit experience is also strongly preferred. He/she will be required to mentor and coach the team, will be prepared to roll up their sleeves – will help scale the BDR team and optimize the processes this group follows in order to accelerate pipeline generation for AuditBoard’s sales organization.
People Manager: approx 8 direct reports
Reports Into: Sr Director, Inside Sales
- Motivate and support BDRs to meet and exceed quota/targets as assigned.
- Responsible for the development of programs to advance the skills, knowledge and career growth of the professionals within the department and must be able to teach/develop the team.
- Ability to encourage a team environment on engagements, and contribute to the professional development of assigned personnel. Weekly one on ones with all direct reports is expected.
- Drive process improvement, manage projects, and present ideas and outcomes/results to leadership.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal peers, as well as external prospects.
- Successfully multitask and interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the company.
- Support the administrative duties within the sales tools utilized: Outreach, Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, LeadLander and Zoominfo
First 60 days at a glance: A key initial (and ongoing) initiative for this person will be the development, rollout, and execution of a robust new sales onboarding program designed to teach new BDR and MDR hires exactly what they need to know to be successful in their respective roles within their first 60 days of employment. This includes email, phone and social media sales skills, as well as AuditBoard product and processes training. This role will also be expected to participate in recruitment activities and play a large role in the hiring process of future sales hires.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Finance or other relevant field, required
- 5 years of experience in sales or other client-facing consulting role, with at least 1 year serving as a manager/mentor or relevant experience
- Top-notch organizational skills, especially the ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and client relationship management skills with an ability to work with a high degree of professionalism and autonomy.
- Outreach, Salesforce, ZoomInfo and LinkedIn experience, required
- 3 years of experience in outbound sales, required
- Experience in the following areas, preferred:
- Sales technologies
- LinkedIn selling
- Audit, Compliance, Risk, or Consulting
Why You’ll Love Life at AuditBoard
- You’ll be launching a career at a well-funded, hyper-growth SaaS tech company
- Free daily catered lunches
- Stock options
- Unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
- Free gym membership
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off and 10 holidays per year
- 401k to save for your future
- Fun company and team outings - Work Hard Play Hard!