Head of Sales at Versus Systems
Versus Systems is looking for a Head of Sales to scale our team at our headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. We’ve built a suite of ways to engage with entertainment experiences, making games of all kinds more fun. You'll be charged with running all aspects of establishing, developing and maintaining the sales function, ensuring growth, revenue and profit targets across our partnerships. As the leader of the department, you will be responsible for the performance, strategy, and alignment of revenue growth and development at Versus, overseeing the growth, operations, and overall health of the Sales team.
We're a fast-growing company. We value collaboration and creativity - every employee contributes to our company culture, product design, and the roadmap of the company.
HOW YOU'LL SPEND YOUR DAY . . .
- Increasing sales velocity through improved targeting, activity, and KPIs to exponentially increase the number of new accounts every quarter
- Developing strategy for future client outreach based on content genres and market trends
- Hiring, developing, training, and scaling our Sales dept and team
- Leading sales in partnership with Marketing, BD, and Accounts to align our branding narrative, garner leads, and turn these into secure partners and accounts
- Creating standardized outreach for current and future brand and content partners while directing its implementation across sales channels, client management, and marketing and communication
- Creating and nurturing sales development programs— including content, tools and training— to create a coaching culture and to reinforce selling skills, establishing best practices for sales processes
- Defining, tracking, and managing KPIs to achieve monthly and quarterly goals for both Versus and our content and brand partners
- Identifying critical market segments through market research and competitor analyses and recommends sales strategies for improvement.
YOU WILL HAVE . . .
- A deep understanding of ad tech and/or marketing tech - either from a sales or purchasing role. Ideally: both
- Exemplary dedication to client service
- Demonstrated financial acumen and a history of decision-making based upon business metrics. You have successfully defined, tracked, and reported on key metrics that indicate sales effectiveness.
- Evidence of your capacity and commitment to mentorship, training, and coaching - someone who believes in leading through and by example while bringing out the best in their team
- 10+ years experience in planning and implementing sales strategies
- 7+ years experience in Digital Media Sales
- 3+ years managing a Sales Team
- Experience in customer relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Established record of closing new business
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE . . .
- M.B.A. or a Graduate degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- A deep understanding of digital platforms serving the entertainment industry
- Experience with gaming media, sports and/or eSports sponsorships
Versus makes entertainment more fun - not once, but over and over, driving engagement by creating experiences that consumers can't wait to win. We value diversity & inclusion, empathy for our colleagues and our partners, and curiosity to explore and learn new things.
We offer competitive salaries, equity packages, medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, flexible hours, paid maternity and paternity leave, and paid vacation time that we encourage you to actually take.
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work day schedule
- Matched 401(K)