Director of Strategic Retail Relationships
Greater LA Area
We are looking for an experienced strategic relationship manager to spearhead our retail
expansion effort and to lead our retail partnership efforts.
The ideal candidate comes with a successful track record in the apparel industry and
knows how to manage relationships with enterprise brands and retail clients.
You will often be the glue between multiple parties and departments helping the flow of
communication. You would be comfortable being the voice of the retail organization and
help close information gaps and generate conclusions. You can summarize and streamline
data and information for quick digestion and action.
You have the ability to influence people across various cross-functional groups and at the
same time able to be hands-on and excited about running the day-to-day operations to
ensure the retail department is running smoothly.
The role will report to our head of retail with a dotted line to our Co-CEOs.
- Work collaboratively across the organization with sales, marketing, client relations, product, engineering, and other senior leadership to set clear objectives, execute on go to market strategy and drive key company and department initiatives
- Own the relationship with senior leaders at major retail and department stores and manage strategic brand partnerships
- Develop the long-term customer success strategy and work closely with the product team and head of retail to define the product roadmap based on brand/retailer feedback
- Execute day to day operation of the retail department and leverage technology and constant process improvements to gain efficiency and scale
- Own retail department reporting, including weekly C-level meetings with our retail partners to drive transparency across our organizations
- 5+ years of hands-on experience apparel retail apparel industry a must (preferably client facing)
- High EQ and excellent interpersonal skills. You need to build trust quickly, navigate difficult conversations comfortably, and maintain strong customer relationships
- Strong strategic thinking and ability to translate strategy into operational plans in a technology-enabled company, fashion retail/Saas expertise not necessary but a big plus
- Unparalleled business judgment and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- High energy and motivational leadership is driven by personal influence and example with direct staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Strong experience managing teams across multiple offices and functions
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. MBA, consulting or entrepreneurial background a plus
This job is based in Los Angeles, CA. (West side)
Read Full Job Description