Viant's culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace. This creates a very exciting workplace that allows our employees to continuously expand their knowledge in all facets of digital marketing, while becoming industry thought leaders.
Are you a passionate, driven hustler?
A strategic thinker and creative problem solver who can translate marketer’s needs into compelling solutions? Are you a team player with a competitive spirit and strong business acumen? Do you love to be inspired and challenged every day, surrounding yourself with smart and impactful people who work hard, but play harder? If so, come join us at Viant!
Viant has an exciting opportunity on our Los Angeles sales team for a high impact Sales Director to evangelize new business, generate awareness, and grow sales of the Viant Advertising Cloud within Los Angeles media agencies and advertisers. This is a tremendous opportunity to have an instrumental role in the evolvement of a territory.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Guide team to source and close new business to regularly meet and exceed sales goals
- Develop an intimate understanding of Viant’s products and their place in the industry
- Build relationships with senior level executives across agencies and brands
- Lead discovery sessions to identify the customer’s key needs and pain points
- Conduct storytelling product demonstrations that highlight the value the solution brings to the client
- Develop action plans for key accounts for both immediate and long-term revenue opportunities across the territory
- Track and manage sales pipeline and account activities in Salesforce.com
- Have strong ability to forecast revenue and predict market trends across account list
- Oversee prospecting, perform in-person presentations, help facilitate RFP’s, and close accounts
- Deliver product feedback to operations leaders to ensure the voice of the customer is recognized
- Partner with Account Management and Client Service teams to achieve clients’ objectives and KPIs.
- Participate in industry events and conferences
- Strive for excellence, education, self-advancement and the demonstration of top seller behaviors that lead to breaking performance records.
- 8+ years digital media/ad tech sales experience, ideally within the automotive vertical with 2+ years in the platform/DSP/DMP/programmatic space
- 2+ years management experience with a proven track record building and leading high performing ad tech sales teams
- Strong rolodex of high level agency and client-direct relationships in Los Angeles and surrounding region
- Comfortable calling on all levels of an organization along with the ability to lead senior level meetings
- Solid understanding of digital advertising fundamentals, processes and technologies
- Outgoing, charismatic, dynamic personality, passionate, driven and adept at creating professional relationships, strong coaching/mentoring skills
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to QA own work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiarity with CRM software a plus (i.e., Salesforce)
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 11 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.