At Chef’d we believe great food creates memories, enhances moments, and nurtures the soul. Our mission is to enrich lives through culinary adventure with our hand-cultivated, meticulously curated, delicious experiences. Chef’d is the only subscription-free meal marketplace allowing you to discover new foods the way you want—no strings attached. We have over 1500 recipes from some of the best names in food—celebrity chefs, major brands, and culinary influencers.
We're a team filled with chef's, culinary writers, data scientists, marketing/sales experts, production associates and more - all committed to playing our hearts out. We follow through with our goals, move fast, and take risks. The industry is growing and we're at the forefront of innovation and personalization.
Chef'd, a venture-backed, series-B company, is beginning to experience high growth as we scale our operations to new markets and distribution channels. There are plenty of areas where we can innovate and optimize.
The Chef’d platform enables our Partners to participate in the hyper-growth meal kit industry. We help our partners do what they do best by leveraging their products, brands, and communities to create dynamic results. Chef’d creates the complete experience by putting a perfect meal in the consumer’s kitchen.
The Business Development team is charged with creating programs that enable our Partners to leverage the Chef’d platform. The Director of Business Development will own the relationship with the Partners and prospects in their territory, including but not limited to planning, program setup, and program optimization in order to enable the achievement of Partner goals.
As such, this position will be responsible for driving new business revenue through Partner channels, working closely with our Partners and the Chef’d Account Management team, and Chef’d leadership. In addition to optimizing existing Partnerships, this position will focus on developing and optimizing new relationships with advertising agencies and complementary solution providers. The Director of Business Development will become a Chef’d product expert and evangelist who will work to ensure that there is a Partner, prospect, and customer feedback loop that enables Chef’d to continue to provide the most innovative and widely adopted platform for meal kits solutions. Finally, the person in this role will have the gravitas to be a Chef’d spokesperson at Partner-related events.
The Director of Business Development is a senior member of the Chef’d Business Development team. This individual will be quota-carrying and responsible for developing and managing a robust territory in the United States as part of the Chef’d target account-based sales model. This candidate must be a high-energy self-starter who is results oriented in nature, with a bias for action and the ability to work successfully both as an individual and within a team environment. At Chef’d, selling is a team sport and we’re looking for great captains of those teams!
The Director of Business Development is a collaborative position. In this capacity, the Director of Business Development works with Account Management, Marketing, Culinary, and Technology to create partner programs and the alignment of strategies.
Partner Program Development Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary face of Chef’d to Partners and assume accountability for the overall success of these partnerships..
- Drive Partner program execution and success by leading definition of program scope.
- Pursue and execute Partner relationships with leading companies, and work closely with these.
- Work with the Chef’d Product Team to continuously refine and improve our integrated solutions based on Partner and customer feedback.
- Serve as a central point of contact for Business Development, Account Management, Marketing, Support, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure Chef’d priorities are aligned in support of Partner success.
- Be the spokesperson for Chef’d at Partner related events.
- Provide periodic updates to the executive team on our Enterprise partner strategy and performance.
Partner Sales Enablement Responsibilities:
- Act as the internal and external subject matter expert on the meal kit and brand marketing industries.
- Develop deep understanding of Partner brands and goals, and display excellent skills in interpreting Partner requests and ability to apply their knowledge to define strategic solutions.
- Work closely with Business Development and Marketing teams to define, package, market and sell services.
- Work with Account Management and cross-functional stakeholders to craft and deliver responses to RFPs, and provide strategic insights and potential solutions to meet Partner needs.
- Collaborate with Account Management team to ensure streamlined and successful handoff of new partner projects.
- Document critical program issues and other partner- or project-related insights in the company’s CRM system.
- Experience managing and closing complex sales cycles with demonstrated ownership of all aspects of deal management, including selling from the business champion to the CEO/CFO.
- 5 plus years of Business Development or Enterprise sales experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new markets, territories and accounts.
- Track record of over achieving quotas, in the $1M to $2+M range, year over year.
- Consistency in being ranked in the top 10% of your sales teams, but mad as heck you weren’t #1!
- Strong leadership competencies: Clear vision for how to achieve goals, ability to sell strategic programs, ability to work and communicate with peers and colleagues across all functions and lead by example and proactively coach team members.
- Strong business judgment and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Exceptional writing, editorial, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish credibility with key business partners, prospects, and sales teams.
- Extensive use of technology, including Salesforce.com CRM, Excel and PowerPoint.
Founded in 2014, Chef'd is Headquartered in El Segundo, CA with production facilities in El Segundo, CA, Brooklyn, NY, and Pico Rivera, CA. Chef'd offers competitive compensation packages including full medical, dental, and vision benefits, flexible PTO, pet insurance, and discounts on meal kits!