Director, Business Development & Strategy at GOAT Group
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:29 p.m. (PST) on Monday, December 2, 2019
GOAT Group is seeking a results-oriented Director, Business Development and Strategy to work directly with our VP of Business Development and Strategy. The group comprises individual teams including Account Management, Partnerships and Strategy / New Business Initiatives. This candidate is a thought leader that can help develop the strategic direction, drive vision, and execute on GOAT Group initiatives. This person also has experience managing and successfully scaling teams and is comfortable working across a variety of departments, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Retail and Analytics.
In this role you will:
- Continually identify and pursue growth opportunities as it pertains to the strategic roadmap of GOAT Group
- Oversee successful business development of new initiatives and relationship management of existing partnerships
- Lead end-to-end project management of the business by working closely with cross-functional teams and ensuring successful completion of directed projects
- Set specific and measurable targets for the business and all internal teams, and adapt as appropriate
- Continually interact with product, marketing, tech teams to align on strategic direction of the value proposition, product and seller experience
- Conduct analyses and coordinate the efforts of Account Managers and Analysts across the team
- Solid verbal and written communication skills across all levels (Senior Executives through lower management)
- Build a high performing motivated team and be a team player
We are looking for:
- 10+ years of strategic leadership experience with a retail and/or digital focus strongly preferred
- Passionate people leader with the ability to motivate several stakeholders to achieve challenging goals and pivot as needed
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Superb communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Experience working with agile and fast paced business models with cross-functional teams strongly preferred
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description