Director, Alternate Channels at Inspire
Consumers, employees and partners today expect businesses to operate sustainably, and one of the highest impact ways to do this is by using clean power.
Inspire has successfully piloted an “Inspire for Business” product experience and customer acquisition effort and is looking for a high-powered commercial sales leader to scale the SMB segment of our growth. This role will develop the strategy, channels, partners and team to acquire business members in high volume to fuel our connected movement.
In addition to Commercial Sales, Inspire’s 2020 vision also includes a large focus on building its Alternate Channels (i.e. affiliate partnerships, dealer relationships, call center and concierge sales). This role will also help develop and execute the Alternate Channel strategy.
Strong candidates have a deep understanding of the go-to-market strategies required to achieve these tasks, knowledge and passion for clean energy and energy efficiency products and services, and relationships to serve as a foundation in the early stages of developing this effort.
THE DIRECTOR, ALTERNATE CHANNELS HAS THREE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sales Strategy: Enhance and drive forward our commercial and alternate channel strategies to identify, target and acquire business members in high volume, including go-to-market, forecast and budget, channel mix, vendor/partner/broker relationships, compensation plans, etc.
- Sales Channel Management: Methodically prioritize and build sales channels, including but not limited to direct sales, telesales, and indirect broker sales. Lead internal and external relationships to drive sales performance, amazing customer experience, and other strategic initiatives, such as lifetime value performance.
- Influence Product Roadmap: Help Inspire find product-market fit by representing customer needs, providing competitive intel, and partnering closely with Product, Engineering, and Product Marketing to bring solutions to our business members.
SOME 2020 DELIVERABLES
- Join existing sales efforts, channels and relationships and drive month-over-month growth in results.
- Develop deep understanding of customer needs, product opportunities, competitive landscape and partner internally on product roadmap.
- Month-over-month growth
- Must Have
- 6-8 years experience running a B2B sales channel, call centers and/or working with Dealers, Concierge Partners or other Affiliate Partners
- Energy-related B2B sales experience (retail energy, efficiency, lighting, automation, etc.)
- Vendor/broker management
- Rolodex of relationships
- Nice to Have
- High growth, early stage experience