Coordinator, Film & TV Music Licensing
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The Universal Music Publishing Film & TV licensing team is looking for a detail oriented, efficient individual for a manager position to work within our fast paced synchronization licensing department. The right candidate will have a general knowledge of music licensing and be able to multi task at a high level. Excellent oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as the ability to work mindfully within a team driven atmosphere. A strong passion for music is a must!
- Prepare and draft non-exclusive synchronization licenses for various media, including but not limited to television, film, live stage, merchandise, internet and other emerging technologies.
- Negotiate contract terms with licensees.
- Review, update, revise and amend existing contracts as needed.
- Assist with tracking license payments and coordinate with finance team on collections issues and questions.
- Research and provide solutions for questions and problems relating to finance, royalty or copyright departments or proprietary software applications.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure/deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Resolution-oriented with the ability to think and act independently.
- Knowledge of music industry and copyright issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently under general direction.
- 2-3 years of experience in the music licensing field.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.