Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
Bird’s Launch team is seeking a City Launcher who will be an exceptional addition to our Launch team. Launch is a cross-functional team that touches every aspect of the business, working across operations, product, community, partnerships, and government relations. As a City Launcher at Bird, you will help Bird expand to new markets and oversee the initial operations of each market that you are responsible for. The right person for this role is entrepreneurial, outgoing, and cross-functional with experience in sales, business development, market ops, or community. If you are someone who enjoys fast-paced, challenging environments and thrives when given autonomy, then this is a great role for you.
What You'll Do
- Travel to new markets and oversee the entire Bird launch as the primary point of contact for our community of chargers and mechanics, local businesses, riders, government officials, and community organizations
- Build a launch plan, including research and data sources, for each market that you’re assigned
- Monitor your launch city’s metrics and develop actionable insights to improve the efficiency and performance of a brand-new city
- Meet with prospective chargers to recruit and educate them on charger best practices
- Manage the delivery of all vehicles while in market
- Relay in-market insights to help our senior leadership and HQ operations teams continually improve their processes
- Hustle and problem solve when unexpected issues inevitably arise as we pioneer a rapidly growing, brand-new industry
What You'll Need
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong track record of excellence in execution and thriving when given autonomy
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and solve problems in ambiguous environments
- Experience in a cross-functional role
- An analytical mindset. The ability to assess a market, pull insights from the metrics you’ve been tracking, and execute a plan to improve
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A team player who is constantly looking to teach and learn from others
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description