Channel Lead, League of Legends
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As the Channel Lead for League of Legends, you'll develop strategies and drive ongoing efforts focused on finding, developing and growing the best owned and earned channels for reaching current and future League players.
- An experienced leader: you successfully shape vision and have coached marketing teams to work effectively by cultivating a strong team environment across regions and functions
- A channel strategist: You have the ability to identify audience segments and understand the multitude of touch-points that make up their player journeys; from first touch with a brand or product to long-term engagement across owned and earned channels
- A platform expert: You have a deep understanding of modern media platforms, their best practices, the tech that drives them, how to invest in them efficiently, and how to measure their performance against KPIs that are not always tied to native metrics provided by the platform.
- An analytical thinker: You are a creative problem solver who sees the ins and outs of each opportunity, or lack of one; You use your data-driven mindset to inform the decisions you make, while tying everything back to your goals and KPIs.
- A gamer: you're a lifelong gamer with deep passion in one or more competitive gaming genres, and you use your gaming experience to connect with and represent players as a gamer yourself; as a gamer who loves marketing you'll stay on top of what is happening across all platforms and genres and analyze industry channel trends
- A communicator and collaborator: you're comfortable communicating with all types whether via email, preso, or hallway chat and as a player yourself; your collaborative mindset will help you engage with global offices to share info and expertise, as well as coordinate efforts on updates and campaigns
- A social media savant: you are know how best to engage players in conversations at scale, how conversations spread through social networks, how to work with influencers, and how to keep a player base vibrant and engaged
- A proud Support main: you take great pride in giving marketers the knowledge and tools to help their outreach to players be as successful as possible.
- Inspire player trust and arm player advocates by creating, growing & managing the platforms, and driving the editorial that League uses to communicate its decisions, values, and story with candor and consistency.
- Craft a 360, forward-looking strategy for League's owned and earned channels; determining the right strategies and investment levels for League's presence across game client, web, mobile, social, influencers, media, partners and 3rd party networks.
- Own execution in channel: you will work with other publishing leads to create media and channel plans for their campaigns; advising on the most efficient and compelling ways to reach players and on how to craft multi-touch-point narratives across channels
- Drive effective measurement & insights: you will evaluate the effectiveness, health & growth of League owned and earned channels; you'll choose the right KPIs and optimize against them.
- Teambuild: you will source, hire, mentor and lead an internal team & external partners who can implement the plans you put in place -- posting content, monitoring social channels, developing & redeveloping platforms, and ensuring that the lines of communication between Rioters and players remain open.
- Collaborate with product managers on developing and refining the player experience in-channel
- Assess and then develop team capacity; including both people, systems and toolsets
- Ensure excellent collaboration and communication with Regional publishing teams
- Occasionally take on wider-scope projects that support leveling up League publishing as a whole
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.