Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
Collaborate with our network of suppliers and manufacturers to source a wide variety of packaging products. Your ability to negotiate pricing with a wide range of suppliers, specify jobs accurately, and deliver timely is critical to Lumi’s sales success and our customers’ supply chain.
What you'll do
- Identify the best manufacturing partners from our network based on the customer’s needs
- Optimize total cost for Lumi and our customers by analyzing the cost tradeoffs between different combinations of manufacturers
- Advocate customer requirements to the manufacturers
- Ensure timely turnaround of bids from manufacturing partners
- Present bids to the sales team and carefully input quotes and product specs into our internal systems
- 3+ years of pricing, buying or manufacturing business development experience
- Strong sense of urgency
- Must be fluent in Mandarin
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to sell yourself and Lumi’s vision to manufacturing partners
- Strong financial understanding and acuity with pricing calculations
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Genuine curiosity about manufacturing processes and vendor capabilities
- Technical packaging knowledge is a plus
- An advanced level of Google Sheets and/or Excel is required; experience with Airtable a plus
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!