Business Operations Manager
Business Operations Manager
The Business Operations team provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps other teams drive strategic initiatives and partnerships forward.
Our team serves as connective tissue across the business to ensure execution and information flow freely within and across all departments. We provide support for strategic roadmaps by partnering with teams on their most important initiatives. We also seek proactive opportunities to develop tangible business impact and solve some of our greatest business challenges. Our projects are fast-paced, cross-functional and high impact. We stay focused on connecting the highest-level company priorities to day-to-day operational execution, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
As a Business Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for supporting quarterly strategy and business plans for other teams and cross-functional groups. You will assist a team’s leadership by tracking, reporting, and driving tactical execution of a team’s roadmap to achieve desired goals and deadlines. You will also identify roadblocks and potential issues and resolve them in real time along with your business counterparts.
Your strength is in decomposing large and ambiguous problems into clear and concise work plans, leading operational and business analysis, applying sound business judgment and communicating complex issues effectively. You have a track record as a top quartile performer at a leading consulting firm (or similar), strong experience in financial modeling, and an ability to develop and drive execution plans based in data and efficiency.
- Work with senior leadership across the business to define, launch, and drive strategic priorities and operational initiatives.
- Develop and lead operational and strategic initiatives through your team’s work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing final recommendations.
- Lead cross-functional, global teams to get work done.
- Communicate findings to executive leadership and to the broader organization.
- Oversee recommendations through to implementation and results.
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting or a private equity firm.
- 2+ years of experience in a strategic or operational role at at a technology firm.
- MBA or graduate degree in a management, technical or engineering field.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in consulting; software, internet and/or media industries.
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with strong business judgment.
- Ability to present to management and communicate with highly technical teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
- Accident Insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read “no suit and tie required”, but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing backend services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!