Business Development Representative
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will support the Emotive sales effort in multiple functions while developing your skills for the Account Executive role. Your daily responsibilities will include the prospecting and sourcing of potential decision makers, outbound lead generation, leading qualification phone meetings, and facilitating the closing of deals by leveraging the Emotive knowledge base. You will create an excellent first impression for prospective customers over multiple channels, including email, phone, and social. You will work closely with the sales and marketing teams, corresponding with customers and driving Emotive's message to the market.
You'll be responsible for:
- Engaging with potential prospects over email and phone to qualify and set appointments for the account executives
- Identifying target customers for Emotive through email, phone, and social channels
- Maintaining active engagement with leads through informed, creative follow-ups
- Researching and developing prospective accounts
- Working closely with account executives to identify qualified accounts and define strategies for outreach
- Partnering with marketing to deliver proper messaging and identify the best target market segments
- Achieving quarterly quotas for developed leads and closed business
- Facilitating the onboarding of companies with simpler requirements, leveraging our knowledge resources
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- 0.5-2 years of experience, previous work with sales/startups preferred
- You are able to quickly engage potential customers over email, phone, and in person
- You’re clear, concise, and accurate in your communications, both written and verbally
- You learn quickly and you’re excited by new technologies, quickly mapping them to business processes
- You possess grit and don’t shy away from rejection
- You’re hungry to progress your career and make money
- You know how to effectively manage your time to complete objectives
- You have experience being accountable to metrics, often exceeding them
- You thrive in a high energy team environment
Emotive offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Emotive
Emotive is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.