Business Development Representative at Exela Technologies
Exela is a business process automation (BPA) leader, leveraging a global footprint and proprietary technology to provide digital transformation solutions enhancing quality, productivity, and end-user experience. With decades of expertise operating mission-critical processes, Exela serves a growing roster of more than 4,000 customers throughout 50 countries, including over 60% of the Fortune® 100. With foundational technologies spanning information management, workflow automation, and integrated communications, Exela’s software and services include multi-industry department solution suites addressing finance & accounting, human capital management, and legal management, as well as industry-specific solutions for banking, healthcare, insurance, and public sectors. Through cloud-enabled platforms, built on a configurable stack of automation modules, and over 22,000 employees operating in 23 countries, Exela rapidly deploys integrated technology and operations as an end-to-end digital journey partner.
A global, public company (Nasdaq: XELA), the people behind Exela are as important as the company itself. Our team’s extensive experience across multiple industry verticals give us a better sense of our clients' needs. That begins with teams comprised of individuals from diverse backgrounds with different perspectives.
Join our global team as we create advancements in business process automation solutions that impact our client’s mission-critical operations across the industries they serve. The diversity of our workforce and their inspiring ideas resonate throughout all that we do – don’t just read about digital transformation, be part of the revolution!
Exela is looking for recent university grads or candidates with 1-2 years of marketing or sales experience that want to jump-start their careers through enterprise sales and sales development. The Business Development Representative (BDR) is a big part of our company’s growth strategy. BDRs are salespeople-in-training and are responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities for our Account Managers. The BDR role can lay the foundation for a successful tech sales career, as well as many other roles. This role will report into the strategy arm of Exela Technologies in Santa Monica, California or Troy, Michigan. You will work closely with the product marketing and sales teams to identify and pursue new opportunities within an exclusive segment of over 3,000 active customer accounts, in addition to working any inbound leads generated by our demand generation team based in Santa Monica.
Responsibilities (within 6 months):
- Create new opportunities for the enterprise and direct sales teams through managing inbound interest across multiple territories via a main sales line, form submissions, and chat
- Effectively sell the value of Exela to key stakeholders via managing an outbound pipeline within your assigned territory
- Prospect and hunt for the right contacts at enterprise-level companies
- Conduct a high volume of qualifying calls and speak knowledgeably with decision makers at the C-Suite, VP, and Director levels
- Become an expert in sales development: product knowledge, messaging, and high-tech tools to be successful (Salesforce, Pardot, LinkedIn, Google Apps, etc.)
- Work closely with assigned enterprise account managers and coordinate meetings with relevant stakeholders to progress opportunities through the sales process
- Contribute to overall team success by relaying any information that may be of value to the team (e.g. best practices, new features, competitive pressures, etc.)
- Travel to marketing and community based events for sales support
- Crush weekly, monthly, and quarterly targets
By approximately 6-24 months, it is expected that the BDR will:
- Build on core skills and next-level sales/marketing knowledge
- Gain knowledge of how to exceed goals and maintain momentum
- Sit in on sales calls to learn what it takes to close 6- and 7-figure deals
- Choose a track and begin working with mentors, set goals, and advance career
- Continue to meet goals and hit commissions
What You Bring to the Table
- 2+ years of work experience (relevance is a plus, not required)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Proven experience in a business development or inside sales role
- Working experience at a SaaS or fast-paced startup environment
- Experience selling a SaaS, PaaS, or similar
Benefits That Matter
We offer Comprehensive health and wellness plans, including medical, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees and family members; paid time off; income protection plans such as short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance; commuter benefits; financial and retirement planning services, and a robust learning and development (L&D) program with online courses and live training.
We firmly believe that every person should have the same opportunities, regardless of age, sex, religion, culture, beliefs, or disability status. We are committed to a workplace that reflects and supports diverse individual backgrounds, and perspectives. We want to ensure that we provide an environment that is comfortable and welcoming for everyone, so we can embrace and learn from each other's differences.
Supporting our Veterans
The brave people that serve and make sacrifices in the armed forces are truly heroes, and we know that returning to civilian life can be a difficult adjustment. In our commitment to supporting returning veterans and their families, we have teamed up with other great companies to participate in Joining Forces, Michelle Obama's initiative dedicated to hiring 100,000 veterans by 2020. Learn more at www.100000jobsmission.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.