Business Development Representative (SaaS)
Safer Students. Better Learning. At GoGuardian our software is revolutionizing K-12 education by helping teachers and students tap the educational power of the internet in safe and inspiring ways. As the only solution in its space built exclusively by, for, and with educators, it's easy to see why GoGuardian was just named Inc. 500's fastest growing Education company and 5th fastest growing Software company.
As a Business Development Representative, your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. You’ll work to generate interest in the GoGuardian offerings through daily engagement with prospects and leads. You’ll use your top-notch communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers from first contact until you pass on the deal to the sales team to close.
This is an entry-level sales role and we're ideally looking for someone with prior related experience developing leads and cold-calling. However, we're open to someone highly motivated and results-driven who is looking to embark on a sales career.
· Qualify leads generated from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
· Contact potential customers through cold calls and emails
· Present the GoGuardian Value Proposition
· Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
· Meet (and ideally exceed!) quarterly and annual quota targets
· Keep CRM up to date with all sales activity and notes
· Work cross-functionally with different organizations such as Support, Marketing, and Customer Success
· Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
· 1-2 years’ professional work experience in sales or a similar role
· Ability to understand customer requirements and identify solutions
· Self-starter with a strong desire to learn and grow independently
· Proven track record of success and over-achievement
· Exceptional written and verbal communicator
· Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent team player
· Strong work ethic and collaborative mindset
· Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM
You will excel if you are...
· Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and “do what it takes” startup culture
· Unfazed by rejection
· A quick problem-solver with an ability to think on your toes
· Tech-savvy with a knack for explaining technology to others
· Great at building rapport and establishing relationships
· Hungry, competitive and have a high need for achievement
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns, or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description