As the leading provider of strategic enterprise education™, InStride enables employers to provide career-boosting degrees and credentials to their employees through a network of high-quality academic institutions. We help organizations transform their businesses and achieve social impact by unlocking the power of education.
InStride is a public benefit company whose mission is to develop the workforce of the future by helping employers provide career-boosting education opportunities to their employees through a network of high-quality academic institutions. We believe the most enduring way for companies to achieve transformative business and social impact is by investing in their people.
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Representative (BDR) who wants to jump in head-first, support our fast-growing Corporate Partnerships team and help live out our vision and mission.
This position will report to the Business Development Representative (BDR) Manager.
- Engage in prospecting efforts to advance high-quality inbound leads that expand the InStride BD pipeline.
- Work closely with executives to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies.
- Conduct needs qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned.
- Learn how a variety of businesses operate, what challenges they face daily, and how education can significantly improve their business' and employees' lives.
- Conduct weekly analysis of the BD pipeline and develop strategic plans to further cultivate network growth.
- 2+ years of business-to-business sales or customer success experience
- Excellent relationship building and strong sense of curiosity
- Tenacious, have a knack for adapting to a conversation as it progresses, and a real passion for results: you gain immense happiness from converting prospects into qualified leads!
- Demonstrated ability to extract information and business requirement from prospects
- Self-motivated and organized, with the desire to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment with peers who challenge you to be better
- Stellar communication skills with the ability to ask good selling questions that compel prospects to act
- Ability to quickly understand and demonstrate technology and business value proposition
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Excited by the challenge of building a world-class business that delivers not only a high return on investments but also has meaningful impact on society
- Exposure to the functioning of higher education institutions through direct experience or deep affiliation with the education industry
- High EQ, comfortable with ambiguity and has a “no job too small” startup mentality
- Bachelor’s Degree from a selective college or university required
InStride is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please discuss your requested accommodation with our HRBP.
Read Full Job Description