Business Development Manager
Clay is looking for a performance-driven, intelligent, and professional BD Manager with a background in the AR/VR space who is skilled in the entire spectrum of developing strategic partnerships - from new partner introductions, to managing the internal/partner development communications and processes, to contracts. To succeed in this role, you should have a strong, independent, go-getter approach to your work and pay exceptional attention to detail. The BD Manager will also research, develop and drive regional trade-show, event and conference strategies/initiatives that build the Clay brand and heighten industry awareness. You will bring a proactive, tactical methodology to initiating and cultivating engagements with executives and industrial leaders who will forge the future of the Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality Technology Marketplace for Clay solution. We are looking for senior-level candidates with the experience and acumen to be at the forefront in representing the Clay brand and image in North America. Candidates should have demonstrated successful experience developing licensing and technology integration partnerships with leading OEMs. This position is located in our Silicon Beach office in Santa Monica, CA.
- Identify and develop new Business Development projects that drive revenue.
- Increase brand awareness for Clay’s solution.
- Create partnership plans that include strategy, tactics and milestones.
- Actively promote and inspire the interpersonal, organizational dialogue that improves the clarity of the Partner/Clay connection.
- Initiate, lead, and manage trade-shows and strategic events.
- Thorough/detailed Database management and consistent, cyclical reporting using AgileCRM and other Clay internal tools. Originate, coordinate and stimulate all Inter-departmental people and projects that contribute to the business development process.
- Manage multiple projects and accounts concurrently, without consistent oversight
- Act as a team player on a small, but quickly growing, team of driven individuals
Required Experience and Skills:
- Background and network in the AR/VR industry
- BS/BA Degree in business, computer science, finance or related field.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience. Proven verbal and writing skills. Demonstrable Executive level presentation skills.
- Strong customer-focused orientation. Ability to self-manage and take initiative. High level administrative computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite and CRM systems.
- Ability to resolve complex problems in a timely and effective manner. Multitasking and coordination skills - managing array of resources and hard deadlines.
Clay is a well-funded, venture-backed computer vision software company developing the next-generation of hand tracking and gesture recognition software. Our software is modular and hardware agnostic and will change the way we learn, play, work and interact in AR and VR and other devices. We are recognized in the US, Europe, and China, and our team is best in class. Clay is about the journey of innovation, and we want to take you with us in to a very exclusive world. If you think you have what it takes to be part of our incredible team, then come join us and be part of a company that is defining the interaction layer of the future.