Business Development Manager
At Getaround, we’re building a global platform to enable a future where all cars are shared. There are more than 1 billion cars in the world, and these cars are parked, on average, more than 95% of the time. With instant and keyless carsharing via our patented hardware and software platform and our industry-leading mobile apps, we’re helping communities around the world share these underutilized resources to reduce their vehicle footprint while increasing mobility solutions.
Getaround is seeking a resourceful, self-motivated sales or business development professional eager to seek out and close high-value customers. You’ll be responsible for growing our car supply by leaps-and bounds by finding and developing relationships with fleet owners. You are highly personable, a compelling spokesperson, and driven above all by closing deals. You’re passionate about delivering a superior experience for the customer, love the fast-pace of a growing startup, and thrive in ambiguity. You’ll be writing the playbook for this role as you go.
What you'll be doing
- Grow Fleet Owner community through outreach by email, phone, virtual meetings, and in-person presentations
- Travel to current and launching markets to find and sell new business
- Serve as an Getaround product expert and evangelize the benefits of car sharing, including our patented software and hardware technology
- Conduct market research to determine where and when the best business opportunities will present themselves
- Formulate effective and on-brand messaging tailored to fleet owners
- Maximize new car owner confidence by providing an informative and transparent ramp up experience
- Partner with Marketing Managers to offer insight into the effectiveness of developing fleet owner leads
- Partner with Operations Coordinators to ensure a timely and responsive car onboarding experience
- Partner with General Managers to develop new business strategies
What you'll need
- Proven track record with progressive experience in developing new business
- Independent operator with a high degree of motivation to hit ambitious goals
- Familiarity with using data and process to increase sales velocity
- Superior presentation skills communicating the Getaround value proposition for fleet owners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, stay organized, and prioritize responsibilities
- Readiness to close the deal, whenever and wherever the opportunity exists
- Relationships with passenger car fleet owners
- Previous experience in carshare space
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for automotive trends
- Base salary, commission, bonus, stock options
- 10-25% travel
At Getaround, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no matter your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, your perspective has value.
Come join us in continuing to make Getaround a great place to work!