Business Development Lead, Ranker Insights
Greater LA Area
The Ranker Story:
Ranker is a Top 50 destination for crowdsourced rankings on everything from films to food. We believe that the opinion of millions is more relevant (and far more predictive) than the opinion of one critic. Ranker consistently delivers 50 million worldwide unique visitors, and outranks nearly every consumer site in minutes spent per visit according to comScore (4.5 mins per visit). Visitor engagement is the center of Ranker, which collects over 20 million monthly votes across more than 100K lists including extremely competitive searches like “best movies of all time” (which has over 4.3MM votes alone).
More than 650MM consumer votes have built Ranker Insights, a treasure trove of psychographic correlation data ("people who like X also like Y"). Ranker Insights provides data-driven audience insights to marketers, studios, and platforms seeking a deeper understanding of consumer tastes and preferences. These unique correlations are ideal for reaching new audiences, developing more engaging campaigns or informing content recommendations. Ranker has just built a new “What to Watch Next” app powered by these correlations. Based in the heart of Los Angeles, the company is solidly profitable and has 80+ employees and growing.
Business Development Lead: Ranker Insights
As a business development leader, you will be responsible for collaborating with our product, business development and marketing leads on the development and refinement of our offerings, pricing, and go-to-market tactics in support of closing and maintaining successful revenue generating partnerships. Ranker data is a unique and differentiated product and needs entrepreneurial leadership, vision and evangelism in the market. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who enjoys the formative stages of a product’s evolution and market launch as well as the creativity that comes with identifying optimal partners and creatively adapting to the unique needs of customers. In this role, you will need to develop a pipeline in multiple industry segments; lead partnership outreach and discussions; evangelise the benefits of the product and evolve messaging, packaging and pricing based on customer needs; and close qualified deals. To get an understanding of the kinds of data that you will be taking to market, please visit RankerInsights.com.
Who we believe will be successful in this role:
A smart, charismatic product evangelist who can develop opportunities, create excitement and build relationships and revenue around new emerging products. You must be a self-starter who can pitch Ranker data products, but also be adept at “reading the room” and adapting to the needs of prospects. The product has strong potential within the entertainment and adtech industries (studios, content creators, OTT platforms, data management platforms, etc.), so familiarity and relationships within this area would be a valuable asset.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Lead partner development, acquisition and relationship management.
- Work with the team to shape the product roadmap and maximize the impact of the product.
- Work with senior management, marketing and data science teams to refine pitch, pricing and packaging. Develop sales materials, term sheets, contracts, etc.
- Lead the efforts to pitch Ranker Insights to Studios, OTT (basically all players in the Connected TV realm), Agency, Ad Tech and other targets that could leverage Ranker data to improve their business outcomes.
- Develop a pipeline of qualified opportunities.
- Negotiate and close new business and work with the team on the successful execution of all projects.
- Lead ongoing client relationship development and communication with an eye towards growth and retention.
- 6+ years experience in developing partnerships and growing revenue in market research, entertainment industry, data, digital media or digital media services, demonstrating consistent year over year achievement and measurable growth.
- Experience in startup environments working with new and evolving products.
- Superior written and verbal presentation skills. You have the ability to captivate an audience, control the conversation and define the narrative.
- Relationships with Studios, Media Companies, Cable/SVOD, Entertainment, Market Research Firms and Ad Agencies.
- Familiarity with the market research/ data analytics industry and competitive offerings a big plus.
- A proven track record of identifying potential business growth opportunities, developing strategic business plans and executing on the new revenue-generating opportunities
- Interest in, and understanding of, psychographic data and how it can be used commercially.
- A driving sense of urgency and the ability to push the needle without a vast arsenal of resources and support - you have to be a bit of a growth hacker; you will have company-wide support, but will not be a cog in a big department.
A competitive salary, stock options, medical insurance and other benefits.
Read Full Job Description