Business Development Lead - North American Esports
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As the Business Development Lead - North American Esports, you'll help shape and grow the business of League of Legends Esports within the US and Canada. You excel at monetizing high-quality content through sponsorship and media distribution, can lead a team in managing extensive partner relationships, and will need to evaluate business opportunities strategically and in a fast-paced environment. You should have your own network of contacts across sports and entertainment, and be able to interface with our agency partners to expand that network across the continent. You must be able to close the deal; you need to understand the value proposition for sponsors and business partners, and deliver a relationship that excites and benefits both Riot and the partner. You will be the driving force behind ensuring the long-term sustainability of League of Legends Esports in North America.
- Experienced: You have at least a bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience in business development or sales, specifically targeting sports and/or sponsorship/brand deal experience
- Strategic: You’re able to see the big picture while simultaneously recognizing the detailed tactics needed to solve complex business problems and opportunities
- A clear communicator: You can effectively communicate in any medium: presentations, email, conference calls, etc.; you’re able to convert large amount of information and data into clear, professional presentations
- Results-driven: You can be counted on to set ambitious goals and achieve them efficiently and consistently
- A proven multi-tasker: You’re able to manage multiple projects and deliverables at once and you’re a self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- An experienced leader: You will build and support a team in their career development and pursuit of KPIs; you challenge and help to grow your team members as they progress in their career
- A gaming and sports enthusiast: You have a strong passion for both video games and sports, and are excited to help blend the two both offline and online
- Drive the full sponsorship/media distribution funnel - from pitch to deal close to sponsorship fulfillment across a range of industries
- Work with our partnered LCS franchises in the pursuit of common business development initiatives across sponsorship, retail, and marketing opportunities
- Collaborate with the game publishing team to create unique value opportunities in cross-promotion and sponsor integration
- Lead a team which will support business deal development, prospecting, and execution; this will include market-sizing analyses, research, and financial modeling to help inform business decisions for LCS and Riot Esports
- Collaborate across departments (publishing , broadcast, player management, legal, league operations, etc.) to help identify new business models, technologies, and partnerships
- Help develop and manage ongoing partnerships and business collaborations; ensure that partner/sponsor activations at live events are successful
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.