Business Development Executive at Builder
At Engineer.ai, you will be at the forefront of cutting AI technology that is disrupting a combined $800 billion (and growing) industry for software build and operate services, selling into both the B2C and B2B markets.
The Business Development Executive (BDE) is an industry specific role in a defined geographic market. The BDE will represent Engineer.ai’s software development platform Builder, and be responsible for driving sales of net new logo business with a focus on prospecting and lead generation for industry partner development. The prospects will include medium to large companies within a specified industry segment. The BDE will be responsible for prospecting into his/her defined territory, qualifying opportunities, designing solutions to help solve business problems, negotiating and closing partnership based business. Lastly, the BDE will be responsible for providing input to the business regarding prospects’ needs and market/competitive trends.
The primary function of this role is revenue generation for Engineer.ai; including product and services positioning, BD strategy, and execution. As is such, this position requires an innovative mind, entrepreneurial spirit and winning attitude with the ability to see the big picture and proactively manage the program to ensure client satisfaction and ultimate growth. Prefer Software, Product and Service sales experience.
Why We Need This Role
Engineer.ai is looking for a team member to help us strategize and target industry sectors while delivering an exceptional customer experience. Our partners are the center of everything we do here and why we not only build solutions that solve their needs, we host and help maintain them to offer a full 360 experience. This is important because we want to become THE partner and deliver on our promise of a single bill for the entire journey from idea to final software solution.
Why You Should Join
This is a challenging and diverse role that requires you to abandon traditional thinking as we enter uncharted territories within bespoke software development. Everyday you will be challenged and rewarded with new learnings. Everyday you will have the opportunity to be impactful to our business and how we go to market. Everyday you will have the opportunity to solve problems and help establish us as the go to software solution. Only join this role if you are self-driven, confident but open minded and comfortable with failing fast but succeeding faster.
First Six Month Deliverables
- Grow our North America Business
- Develop 10 B Level partnerships
- Execute against an industry strategy to increase trust and brand awareness
- Become an industry specific SME
- Passionate about loosely held values and ideas. We want someone who has experience but is not blinded by the path already taken. (mandatory bullet)
- 5+ years of technology related sales or business development experience
- 3+ years of direct field experience selling software or cloud solutions to the Fortune 1000
- Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology deals
- Experience in positioning and selling technology in new customers and new market segments
- Experience in proactively growing customer relationships within an account while expanding their understanding of the customer’s business
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
- A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS is a plus
- Track record of developing sustainable new business a plus
- Strong leadership experience a plus
- Health and Wellness benefits including competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Generous vacation and time off benefits including paid holidays
- Generally flexible working hours
- Working in a beautiful office space the heart of Silicon Beach in Playa Vista
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and having fun while doing it
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place