Tala is looking for a detail-oriented and dynamic Accounting Manger with experience working in a rapidly growing, hands-on, start-up environment. This position requires excellent communication, an ability to think critically and creatively, attention to detail and a team-oriented attitude.
- Assist Controller with all aspects of Tala’s accounting department which includes, but is not limited to, the company's consolidated financial statements, general ledger, portfolio accounting, payroll, accounts payable, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, budgeting, tax compliance, and various special analyses or projects.
- Maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Follow corporate policies and procedures such as invoice processing, cash management and expense policies.
- Manage internal practices, policies, and all accounting to GAAP policies to ensure compliance within the US
- Implement or enhance processes to further streamline and enable more accurate and timely reporting.
- Ensure accurate and timely production of all financial information.
- Ad Hoc projects as they arise, we are a start-up after all!
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Related Field.
- 3+ years experience in the accounting and finance sector.
- Experience with managing multiple entities.
- Experience with international entities, ideally in emerging markets
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Experience with Netsuite
- Experience in public accounting
- Experience working in consumer finance
- Experience working with IFRS reporting
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same.
- Exceptional work ethic.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.3 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has raised more than $105 million from leading venture and impact investors including Revolution, IVP, Ribbit Capital, Data Collective, and Lowercase Capital. Tala’s global team is headquartered in Santa Monica, with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, Mumbai, and Bangalore.