Talespin is building the platform to transform talent development and skill alignment for the future of work. Our spatial computing products deliver a new standard for learning and workforce data, empowering organizations and individuals to make better talent and career decisions. We’re looking for an experienced Business Executive/Account Executive to join our team and drive our mission to transform the way humans learn, work and collaborate.
Reporting directly to Talespin’s VP of Sales, Account Executive will be responsible for driving profitable sales growth by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing new business relationships through a consultative sales approach. This role requires the ability to successfully lead and influence in a rapidly changing, complex business environment.
In this role you will:
- Drive and manage a healthy and robust pipeline of sales activity to assure quarterly and annual quotas are met or exceeded.
- Cultivate new business relationships through a focused and disciplined consultative solution sales methodology and approach with prospective, B2B customers. Work collaboratively with Talespin Sales Development Representatives to attend scheduled qualified prospect meetings.
- Qualify potential new business relationships by thoroughly analyzing industry strategies and trends, understanding clients’ business objectives, and tailoring Talespin’s products and services to drive mutual value and alignment.
- Build consensus among various stakeholders both externally and internally by navigating organizationally the decision-making process to successfully execute the sales strategy by client.
- Organize prospects, track correspondences, and report progress to management via Talespin’s internal Sales CRM. Collaborate with an internal team to build presentation materials.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements developing and negotiating contracts integrating contract requirements with business operations, solution architects and various organizational functions.
- Accept ownership for accomplishing new and different challenging requests exploring opportunities to sell across the entire value chain of Talespin’s Products, Learning Content, Services and Support.
- Maintain and grow a strong network of relationships across assigned sales pipeline from senior level executive engagement through all functional areas of an organization to close new business. The candidate should have the ability to assess, plan, and actively manage a territory and/or vertical market segment to achieve maximum revenue and efficiency.
- Lead the development and maintenance of client specific sales account strategies and plans that generate compelling event(s) for prospective clients.
- Keep current on the Talespin platform and services being offered and give Voice of the Customer feedback to internal business partners on market receptivity, concerns or issues learned from the customers.
- Attend industry trade shows (in-person and/or virtual) as assigned. Responsible for show follow up, including a summary report to sales and marketing management, turning in orders, communicating problems for internal follow-up, getting leads, and sending appropriate follow-up correspondence.
Skills and abilities we are looking for:
- Authenticity and a genuine desire to engage customers and understand their business challenges.
- Thought leadership, creativity and the ability to apply your customer insights and expertise in learning and technology solutions to position Talespin’s portfolio products and solutions to solve persistent problems.
- Experience with selling SaaS products and solutions.
- Avid hunter with proven prospecting skills, consistently opening doors to new customers and navigating seamlessly between the boardroom and the business unit while passionately positioning the advantages of the Talespin product and content suite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral communication, able to build relationships easily and deepen them over time.
- Expertise leading a complex sales process with multiple stakeholders, while fostering teamwork and shared ownership internally and with partners.
- Detail-oriented self-starter and problem solver who can work without supervision.
- Consistent track record of exceeding quota and driving referenceable business.
- Passionate about post-sales customer success and the desire to work with internal Talespin teams to achieve it consistently.
- Strong ethics and professionalism. Protect Talespin’s values by keeping customer and company information confidential.
- 5 + years of outside sales with a focus on new logo acquisition or business development; consistently delivering $2-$5M per year in revenues.
- Bachelors and/or advanced degree is preferred; a technical/software degree is highly desirable.
- Preference given to those with prior experience selling AR/VR or learning/talent management solutions to Fortune 1000 and/or mid-market companies.