Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for introducing Lumi to a wide range of large and growing e-commerce and direct-to-consumer businesses and building strong relationships with these customers. You will be expected to quickly learn the ins and outs of custom packaging manufacturing across the full gamut of boxes, bags, envelopes and paper supplies we offer. You will diagnose branding, packaging and supply chain challenges and create compelling, modern packaging solutions based on Lumi’s proprietary data and technology.
Our ideal candidate brings experience in enterprise and B2B sales, particularly in ecommerce and consumer product brands such as the ones highlighted on our Showcase.
You will be working directly with the leadership of Lumi and interacting daily with entrepreneurs and operational experts at leading online brands.
- Generate new leads and new relationships by keeping a pulse on brands we should be working with
- Cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders; build trust and rapport by utilizing your knowledge of packaging, ecommerce and Lumi’s unique consultative and software approach to supply chain
- Collaborate with the Sales Project Manager to build strong case studies for each client and their use-case
- Get in the room where decisions are made and give presentations to educate new prospective customers on why they need to work with us
- Close, close, close; when the research is done, the relationship is formed and the presentation is executed you will do what it takes to bring the deal over the finish line
- 3-5+ years of direct sales experienceProven track record with $100k+ deal sizes and initial orders
- Proven track record of establishing and growing new accounts
- Experience with B2B/enterprise sales
- Experience selling physical goods
- Successful experience in a collaborative sales environment
- Knowledge of branding, printing and packaging is highly favored
- Detail-oriented to manage the complex aspects of getting packaging right every time for our customers
- Highly effective writing and sales presentation skills
- Financial savvy in negotiating contract terms with experienced procurement professionals
- A strong sense of urgency that moves clients from analysis to action
- Enthusiasm for working in a high-growth entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency with and dependence on sales CRM software
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!