Account Director at Viant
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:25 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Welcome to Viant!
For over 21 years, Viant has been a leader in digital advertising, transforming the way marketers connect their brands with consumers. Our industry-leading software, Adelphic, is used every day by the world’s premier brands and agencies to plan, execute and measure the success of their programmatic advertising campaigns. With a culture built on our key company values of Live, Lead, Create and Figure it Out, we’re serious about investing in our employees and are dedicated to creating an inclusive and collaborative environment. At Viant, you’ll have the chance to make a big impact at an exciting time in our company’s history – we’re growing fast on the heels of our recent IPO. If you’re a strategic thinker and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced industry, we want to hear from you.
Viant has an exciting opportunity on our Los Angeles sales team for a high impact Account Director to evangelize new business, generate awareness, and grow sales of the Viant Advertising Cloud within media agencies and advertisers. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a successful and growing sales team in a highly visible role!
What You'll Be Doing
- Identify new business opportunities with advertising agencies
- Define and drive the overall strategy and business needs with agencies
- Consult with clients to uncover marketing objectives and align our people-based solutions to deliver against those goals
- Generate a high volume of sales related activity including top accounts, cold calls, meetings, presentations, proposals, and growing top accounts within the business. Must consistently meet or exceed revenue quota assignment
- Drive new revenue and grow existing revenue through long term contracts and contract negotiation
- Partner with Client Service teams to achieve clients’ objectives and KPIs.
- Cultivate relationships with clients, gain deep insight into their business, and ultimately provide solutions to their marketing and advertising goals
- Expand Viant’s footprint across the territory and within key accounts by cross-selling and up-selling product portfolio
- Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years digital/AdTech/programmatic/self-serve/DSP/data/platform sales experience with a consistent and proven track record of success.
- Strong media agency and client-direct relationships within the assigned region, with the ability to navigate through agencies and their trading desks. Automotive vertical experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, while being able to quickly gain product efficiency across our broad set of offerings.
- Smart, articulate, polished, self-driven, highly motivated team player with excellent problem-solving skills, as well as superb organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- A consultative, strategic thinker with great energy and enthusiasm for prospecting for new business and excellent closing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiarity with CRM software a plus (i.e., Salesforce).
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 10 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.