Technical Program Manager - Aerospace at Anduril
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Ownership: TPMs are owners; we’re looking for those who have a natural bias to assume responsibility, a healthy dose of skepticism, and contribute to a culture of performance. Lead the project from start to finish with the customer and the engineering team. Develop the technical path for success, identify engineering needs, and validate the projected product outcome with the customer. TPMs are empowered to quickly assume high levels of responsibility and entrust them to actively own their account and shape its success.
- Embed/Engage: Work side-by-side with our customers to understand their specific mission challenges and represent the customer as you work with Anduril engineers to shape products that solve critical national and international security challenges. Anduril engineers rely on TPMs to understand the lay of the land and bring a perspective that informs the product development process.
- Build/Orchestrate: Work with Anduril engineers to build the solution and/or pivot development as needed to meet client needs. Successfully developing our complex hardware and software products requires collaborating with nearly every internal Anduril team - engineering, product, logistics, finance, legal, contracting, technical operations, and many more. You’ll be responsible for ensuring each party is engaged and informed, and will therefore become well-versed in what it takes to really bring the best of Anduril to our customers.
- Plan: Develop, coordinate and communicate the path to success with both internal and external partners. Work with clients and engineers to build sprint plans, execution plans, milestones.
- Grow our business through customer success: In addition to the operational and executive relationships you own, you will be responsible for meeting commercial targets that drive top line growth. This requires establishing committed and trust-based partnerships with our customers to not only help them solve their immediate problems, but also to foresee future opportunities where Anduril’s technology can make them more effective. Understanding Anduril’s value proposition and articulating how we can have an impact on a customer’s problem set, from the executive level to the end user, is critical to positioning Anduril for the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering
- Advanced degree in engineering preferred
- Minimum 5 yrs of work experience required
- Minimum 2+ years of systems-level engineering experience
- Experience with aircraft or spacecraft development, integration, and testing
- Previous aerospace engineering management or aerospace program leadership experience.
- Experience with building, leading and developing teams of engineers
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, teach, lead and follow.
- Comfortable with setting and achieving goals in an amorphous environment.
- Comfortable with working in limited resource environments
- Experience with government contracts a plus.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Ability to travel 25 – 50% required.