The Implementation Consultant, Cash Application is responsible for implementing the company's software products with its customers. Using their extensive knowledge of the BlackLine "Rimilia Cash Application" software, they are able to advise customers on best practices and work through complex requirements to configure the software to perform as needed. The role also provides subject matter leadership and expertise within the department.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Engages with a diverse portfolio of customers and delivers implementation projects of multiple, concurrent, complex and/or enterprise-level projects with minimal supervision.
- Provides advisement on industry best practices for use in the configuration of the BlackLine suite of products
- Works with Project Manager(s) to drive and manage all project phases and milestones to completion within budget, scope, schedule, and customer satisfaction.
- Contributes to and maintains documentation throughout the implementation to include – timecard entries, data requirements, and issue trackers and risk mitigation plans, etc.
- Utilizes business acumen, Accounting/Finance Industry knowledge, and product knowledge to serve as a trusted advisor and become an application expert to address client use cases and business challenges.
- Collaborates with all key stakeholders regarding project progress and next steps in a real time manner.
- Provides training and guidance to customers throughout the project.
- Collaborates and contributes to team goals and successes, including development of new processes, partnering cross-org to assist with product development, identifying implementation process improvements, and delivering training across the teams and subject matter expertise
- Elicits, documents, interprets and translates client business requirements to be used for application configuration and project delivery.
- Assesses, troubleshoots, and tests BlackLine products during the implementation cycle.
- Performs additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Years of Experience in Related Field: At least 2 years of experience in Consulting Services, Client Services and/or Professional Services environment
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Consulting Services, Client Services and/or Professional Services environment
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to team implementation projects
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Experience in a high revenue producing environment (e.g. billing of time and materials)
- Demonstrated experience communicating and presenting to a diverse set of people across groups and organizational levels
- Expert knowledge of accounting terminology and processes (e.g. month-end close process)
- Knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, Salesforce, Accounting software
- Excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong technical problem-solving skills
- Effective problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong client relationship skills
- Ability to prioritize with competing priorities
- Ability to navigate ambiguous or difficult situations or personalities
- Must be proactive and have a sense of urgency
- Ability to interact and collaborate with all levels of staff across the organization in both internal support groups and external client stakeholders
- Four plus years of experience in Accounts Receivable / Cash Application processes
- Four years of experience with enterprise ERP products (Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, …)
- Accounting degree/CPA preferred
- Software background preferred
- Technology background/experience preferred