The Customer Success Enablement Program Manager is responsible for developing and driving the effectiveness, learning, and efficiency of our Customer Success team. The Program Manager will provide tools, resources, and enablement services by identifying and understanding the CS competencies needed to master their jobs. Primary areas of focus include onboarding new Customer Success teams, ongoing skills training for existing members and managers, content creation and management of enablement, communication and education, and administration. The Program Manager will be supported by learning experience designers as a shared service.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Design, build, and deliver repeatable 1:Many CS onboarding program that is modular for allow for future changes. Includes CS program strategy, product knowledge standards, Gainsight and other CS systems/tools, shadowing program
- Content Creation and Management
- Develop and curate for CS specific deliverables and resources (master decks, meeting templates, etc.)
- Design CS specific documentation (Gainsight, Job Aids, KPI reporting, Team processes and workflows, etc.)
- Develop and curate internal Knowledge base/library
- Responsible for CS Team SharePoint as a relevant and actively used resource
- Host CS Content on platforms that are easily and quickly accessible
- Align and Collaborate with all customer-facing teams on content and messaging
- Communication and Education
- CS Team Cast - Organize and host CS Team Casts (bring experts, choose topics)
- Announcements - Communicate any announcements to the global CS Team on updates to resources, new processes, etc.
- Surveys - Create surveys and feedback as needed to drive the effectiveness of the team and managers
- Training - Design, build, and deliver training programs for new processes, product use cases or technical knowledge, consultative skills, etc.
- Continuous learning - Ensure readiness through refreshers and additional certifications
- Reporting - Communicate feedback to team on KPI/metric reporting and process standardization for continuous improvement. (But not responsible for gathering or creating metrics)
- Shadowing - Coordinate a long-term cross functional shadowing program
- Contribute to and Collaborate on CS program strategy development and process improvement
- Gather and relay data and feedback to continuously iterate on the enablement strategy
- Identify operational inefficiencies and devise effective improvements
- Incorporate more formalized project planning to manage change more efficiently
- Align closely with CS leadership to maintain customer success program and clarity on strategy
- Provide CS Team with enablement resources to launch new initiatives successfully
Years of Experience in Related Field: 4+ years of customer teams training/enablement experience with an enterprise Cloud applications provider. Experience serving customers teams delivering software products or services.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or the equivalence in work experience
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Working knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS), Docebo preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Gainsight
- Working knowledge of Customer Success (how it fits into an organization, why it is important to the business)
- Excellent cross-functional leadership skills and the ability to initiate and build relationships with people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner.
- Accessible to subordinates, peers, and superiors for constructive feedback.
- Ability to translate concepts, summarize, and communicate complex ideas, and clearly articulate business value with a good sense of how sales and GTM professionals think, operate, and absorb training.
- Adaptable and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change. Able to prioritize these demands and gain buy-in or direction with Customer Success and other Customer Team stakeholders.
- Ability to articulate program objectives, deliverables, timelines, and “what good looks like” to team members and stakeholder SMEs.
- Ability to influence others absent direct authority or responsibility
- Excellent ability to command a classroom of Customer Teams or Managers, both live and in a virtual training environment; facilitation skills in an adult learning environment
- Ability to develop strategic plans and gain buy-in from stakeholder leaders.
- Experience with multiple learning methodologies to effectively deliver the right content to the right audience at the right time.
- Ability to understand the strategic direction and goals of the Customer teams and support appropriate processes to facilitate achievement of business objectives.
- Services, Customer Success, and/or Support team training/enablement experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Learning & Development or Organizational Behavior
- Experience with enablement related to financial applications is highly preferred.
- Understanding of accounting and finance concepts and terminology
- Knowledge of and experience applying Adult Learning Principles in corporate learning
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands required. May require occasional travel.