ClickUp is a San Diego based company looking for a passionate UX Researcher to join our mission and redefine how people work. We’re passionate about saving people time in every aspect of their lives - so they can focus on what they love most.
Our app is the first of its kind that works for everyone from families to Fortune 500 companies. You should love the challenge of designing complex and powerful user interfaces that also are simple and incredibly easy to use.
We like giving the freedom for designers to work hard and fast while being mindful of keeping our app easy and fun to use. We're scaling quickly, so we're recruiting teammates who share our core values, know how to get sh*t done, and would add a lot to our extremely driven culture.
ClickUp is the fastest growing productivity app, growing to 200,000+ teams and a $1 billion (unicorn) valuation in under 3 years. This has been made possible by our passionate, and high-energy team supporting growth in every area.
As a UX Researcher, you will be responsible for researching, improving, and assisting in the development of intuitive experiences on ClickUp. Your job is to be the voice of the user working alongside the Product and Design teams, by producing original research studies and leveraging a network of research partners internally and externally. Your work will provide the necessary data for Product Managers to decide which features will help drive adoption as well as improve existing ease of use.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Defining, evangelizing, and executing a research roadmap aligned with ClickUp's broader priorities and strategy.
- Work with data science to continuously test and optimize UI elements.
- Oversee a major product initiative to "make it easy" for new users to onboard and adopt the platform.
- Create user journeys for different levels of experience in user behavior.
- Conduct activities associated with running a usability study, such as recruiting and screening participants with or without participant incentive, scheduling sessions, and writing test plans and scripts.
- Create reports based on trends and user surveys, analyzing the information and reporting observations to members of the team, key stakeholders, and managers.
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders to determine research needs, defining research goals, and drafting research plans.
- Presenting regular research reports and findings to Product Managers.
- Ability to work autonomously and resourcefully.
- Use data to analyze and optimize user behavior and trends.
- Active industry or academic research networks.
- Proficiency in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate research clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interactions, Communication or Cultural Studies, Social Sciences, or UX or relevant humanities disciplines.
- 2+ years of experience in user research, market intelligence, social science, or qualitative research.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME): 2+ years of independent research, evidenced by publications, reports, white papers, case studies, and/or product impact.