Sr. Product Mgr, Ad Measurement
About The Brand
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin. Pluto is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a global content company with premier television, film and digital entertainment brands.
Overview and Responsibilities
This role will be driving the product efforts for the Revenue Product, with particular focus on Ad Measurement, to ensure the highest, sustained monetization of any platform in the free, ad-supported TV space. In particular, this person will work on measurement capabilities that support advertisers’ ability to evaluate Pluto’s audiences, ad inventory, campaign delivery, and ad campaign efficiency, particularly using 3rd-party measurement. This role reports to the Senior Director, Product Management, Revenue.
- Finalize and proficiently manage product initiatives, from conception through development to post-deployment, with a completed Charter that includes clear definition of goals, risks / dependencies / assumptions, overall approach, requirements with acceptance criteria, and includes a solution design.
- Define and manage the product goals, strategies, and roadmap plans for Ad Measurement and ensure their prioritization on the all-up Revenue Product Roadmap. This is inclusive of defining and running their success metrics.
- Develop an ongoing relationship with representatives from measurement partners (e.g. Nielsen, comScore, etc) viewability/in-valid traffic vendors, and ad efficiency measurement companies, to drive Pluto’s ad measurement goals. This includes soliciting for, evaluating, and gaining approvals for proposed business development agreements.
- Triage and resolve ad measurement-related issues with the appropriate resources including independent QA/troubleshooting when possible, and help communicate status/results to partners.
- Be the subject matter expert on Ad Measurement, the role of measurement within the ad industry, and its application to our business. Become familiar with industry initiatives related to measurement (e.g. IAB standards, ARF, etc) and become an expert on describing how each type of measurement has a role in the business. Develop and gain approval for critical metrics related to our Ad Measurement program.
- Develop and maintain healthy, productive, working relationships across the core Revenue and critical non-Revenue Product/Program/Engineering teams, as well as Ad Operations, Revenue/Sales Leadership, and Monetization.
- Be a strong, contributing member of the team through product ideation discussions, alignment to the operational cadence, helping others succeed, and improvements to how we operate.
- 3+ years of commercial product management experience, particularly with demonstrated leadership in the management of a product (or portfolio of products) through the software development lifecycle, from conception to launch to ongoing performance measurement and optimization.
- Experience with digital advertising , preferably in TV or streaming video.
- Adept at tailoring communications depending on the circumstances, whether the audience is technical, non-technical, or executive.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for identifying key problems that are faced by the business, by the market and by current technologies.
- Track record of results when working collaboratively and being dependent on others.
- Comfort analyzing data to identify trends, diagnose problems, and to find solutions.