Sr Product Mgr, Ad Experience at Pluto TV
About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
The Senior Manager, Product - Ad Experience, is a broad role that will work across internal teams to improve our ad experience for viewers and for our business partners, especially advertisers. Success in this role comes from defining an ideal state, a roadmap to achieve it, and execution against specific milestones.
This job will have product responsibilities for features and capabilities that control the ad experience for viewers, such as determining how many ads are appropriate, what ads should be shown, and how they are presented to viewers. This role will be heavily centered around defining a plan, influencing teams across the company, driving business and engineering execution, and tuning the experience through experimentation and optimization efforts.
This role will require an understanding of the advertising industry, maturity/influence to work across internal teams, and solid experience defining product strategy and executing those plans. Candidates with experience working in consumer product, UX, and consumer research roles in advertising technology or streaming are preferred. This role is an individual contributor role and will report to the VP of Product, Revenue.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Cross-Functional Team Relationship: Develop and maintain healthy, productive, working relationships across the core Product, Program, Engineering teams, and the critical business and operational teams which include Content/Programming, Marketing, and Revenue/Monetization.
- Product Requirements: Create product initiatives with completed charters that include clear definition of goals, risks, dependencies, assumptions, overall approach, and requirements with acceptance criteria. Engage with engineering to start a solution design (defined by an architect/engineer) that meet the requirements.
- Viewer Empathy & Advocacy: Develop a strong understanding of consumers' feelings about advertising on Pluto and their behaviors related to that advertising. Ideal candidates should have experience researching and gathering feedback from consumers.
- A/B Testing: Practitioner-level experience defining and executing A/B testing or other forms of user testing is valuable to be successful in this role. We have a strong preference to candidates with demonstrated experience running experiments, interpreting results, and driving continuous optimization efforts.
- Product Planning: Define the product goals, strategies, and roadmap plans for Ad Experience and ensure their prioritization on the all-up Product Roadmap. This is inclusive of defining and managing their success metrics. Ad Experience may require its own experimentation roadmap as well.
- Ad Experience Subject Matter Expert (SME): Engage with internal team members and evangelize the Ad Experience role, accountabilities and plan. Become familiar with industry initiatives related to improving ad experience (eg. IAB standards, etc) and propose how Pluto should be engaging with the industry on areas that matter most.
- Business Knowledge: Develop a solid understanding of how the business operates and how it is performing both currently and historically.
- Team Effectiveness: Become a strong, contributing member of the team through product ideation discussions, alignment to the operational cadence, helping others succeed, and improvements to how we operate.
- Operational QA/Troubleshooting: Proficiency in triaging ad-related issues. Demonstrated ability to drive to resolution with the appropriate resources including independent QA/troubleshooting when possible, and help communicate status/results to partners.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- 4+ years of commercial product management experience, particularly with demonstrated leadership in the management of a product (or portfolio of products) through the software development lifecycle, from conception to launch to ongoing performance measurement and optimization. Strong preference for candidates with experience in consumer-oriented roles.
- Practitioner-level experience with A/B testing and other experimentation methodologies.
- 2 + years of experience with digital and programmatic advertising, preferably in TV or streaming video.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to achieve results through influence and cross-team collaboration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, solid presentation skills, and proven ability to run effective meetings; comfortable interacting at all levels of an organization
- Adept at tailoring communications depending on the circumstances, whether the audience is technical, non-technical, or executive.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for identifying key problems that are faced by the business, by the market and by current technologies.
- Track record of results when working collaboratively and being dependent on others.
- Comfort analyzing data to identify trends, diagnose problems, and to find solutions.