Sr. Data Product Manager at Pluto TV
About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
The Senior Data Product Manager will lead and coordinate all parallel data engineering initiatives. The ideal candidate will need to have experience prioritizing multiple work streams and should have experience working with data teams, overseeing Engineering backlog, and helping prioritize the efforts around data related requirements from other teams, and effectively communicating open project risks and dependencies to key stakeholders.
Working as part of the Data Engineering team, this role will be responsible for managing all data feeds and collecting analytical streaming data from all our client software, dealing with dynamic requirements, and very large volume and high velocity of data. You should have strong analytical, organizational, and prioritization skills.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Authoring and owning product requirements
- Work with the PMO to prioritize key requests
- Working with department heads and team members to build trust and socialize Data engineering deliverables to support business goals
- Engaging directly with data engineers to build meaningful, measurable, and scalable data products
- Understanding the architecture of the different subsystems of data engineering
- Drive complex decisions impacting the data engineering team working with potentially diverging opinions and priorities.
- Help manage KPIs that drive the Data Engineering team's performance.
- Lead and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Demonstrate strong time-management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Leverage your strong interpersonal skills, cultivate relationships, and negotiate with internal clients
- Proven strong written and oral communication skills
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- 7+ years of experience as a data or BI product manager on data platform development, BI products and programs and/or data applications (preferably related to streaming data)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Engineering or Information Management) or similar
- Solid track record of technical acumen, being able to quickly understand technical details of a product or platform
- Experience with SQL, Excel and knowledge of big data / complex data sets preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills. solutions and detail oriented mindset.
- Skilled in Agile project management tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Demonstrated willingness to be adapt to changing priorities with the ability to motivate others
- Excellent interpersonal communication and written skills
- Effectively and clearly communicate project risks and dependencies within the data teams and other internal teams