SEO Analyst (Contract)
Who we are:
We are the fitness company born from gaming. And we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. We make an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. We’re endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve... wanna join?
Who we're looking for:
Product management at Zwift is a cross-functional, hands-on role. This role owns Zwift.com’s SEO strategy and roadmap to maximize organic traffic growth and will be responsible for KPIs around search ranking and traffic. As the subject matter expert on SEO, you will work cross functionally with product, engineering and marketing to implement best practices, inform the product roadmap and information architecture, and discover areas for improvement. You will have a strong passion for data and can balance SEO needs with broader product and business initiatives. The SEO Analyst will help execute the vision of making Zwift.com the premiere destination for all things Zwift.
The ideal candidate for this role has experience evolving industry leading web properties focused on the consumer first. We’re looking for an inquisitive and strategic SEO that isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to execute. You communicate clearly and can articulate the vision to technical and non-technical groups alike. If this is you, come join our team!
What you'll do:
- Define SEO best practices, socialize them across the business and create a culture where SEO is standard practice
- Identify SEO growth opportunities through keyword opportunities, competitive audits, site infrastructure and SEO best practices
- Optimize sites for mobile and desktop search
- Implement link building strategies to grow our back link profile
- Work closely with the marketing and content creation team to develop keyword targeted content
- Monitor, identify and troubleshoot issues that negatively impact SEO performance such as search algo updates
- Work with data analytics to gain SEO insights
- Monitor and continually report on key ranking metrics and performance
- Track crawler updates from Google, Yahoo and Bing to ensure Zwift stays ahead of industry changes
- Partner with acquisition marketing to drive SEM efficiencies
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in product management, business, technology or related discipline
- At least 3+ years SEO experience
- Proven track record of developing and driving SEO strategies for subscription based businesses
- Must have experience with Google Search Console
- Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to use data and metrics to support recommendations and drive business insights and decisions
- Experience with some kind of crawler (Screaming Frog, Botify, DeepCrawl)
- Experience with some kind of keyword tool (SEMRush, Ahrefs, Searchmetrics)
- Proven experience managing a digital product’s full lifecycle, planning and prioritizing backlogs and road mapping features requests
- Ability to lead and influence a cross-functional team and manage the entire project from ideation to execution
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement.
- High attention to detail including proven ability to document requirements and to manage multiple, competing for priorities simultaneously
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
- Solid understanding of web and mobile development
- Experienced Zwifter
- Experience using Optimizely, Google Analytics, and Amplitude
Top 5 reasons we think you’ll love it here:
- Fast growing, dynamic environment. Your job will never get boring!
- Awesome team of talented individuals who love what we do
- Competitive Benefits (including Medical, Dental, and Vision), including an employee bike program!
- Amazing office location in downtown Long Beach with killer views
- Did we mention that we ride bikes and run at work?
If you are excited about this role, we strongly encourage you to include a cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but a well thought out letter introducing us to your skills and personality will stand out among the rest.
Zwift LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.