Senior Product Data Analyst at SimplePractice
At SimplePractice, our team is dedicated to improving the health and wellness industry by building a suite of innovative solutions for practitioners and their clients. Our product supports practitioners on their clinical journey to becoming licensed, helps them manage their business and practice once they’re up and running, and enables new clients to discover and interact with practitioners. Taking a practitioner-first approach in everything we do makes it possible for health and wellness practitioners to devote more time to their clients while they use SimplePractice to start, grow, and maintain a successful private practice.
SimplePractice is seeking a Senior Product Data Analyst to take the company’s analytics to the next level of their data driven journey. This role serves specifically our Product team, which consists of a number of squad teams, each for a critical functionality of our product.
The role will perform a variety of data analysis activities in addition to managing the relationship of the data team with all Product stakeholders. Critical is an in-depth understanding of the business data and analytical needs, translating the requirements into data asks, and data asks into information using SQL and a variety of available query and visualization tools.Responsibilities
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving & critical-thinking skills to meet complex data challenges. Flexible and comfortable with uncertainty in requirements in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Take ownership and champion data topics, with the flexibility and interpersonal skills to interact across the business, especially the Product team, and manage a project / team where required. Develop data analytics competences in the team and drive out the analytics capability
- Analyze complex data sets in depth for discovery purposes, issues and trends/patterns. Make independent/educated judgements & recommendations regarding appropriate solutions
- Monitor the daily running of the production data visualization, particularly with respect to consistency, correctness, and ease of use. Manage data-related interventions through to resolution
- Create and maintain various data products, including delivery via visualization tool dashboards, reports, ad hoc data analysis, spreadsheets, graphs
- Assist in team planning and assist in the wider team’s Change Management to enable change projects & business requests
- BS/MS degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent experience and 8+ years of progressive professional experience preferred
- Top-notch SQL, statistical/window functions, complex data types
- Experience leading teams and organizing and working with analytics user groups
- Superb communication skills
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders
- Experience obtaining strategic and detailed analytics requirements
- Excellent data analysis skills (investigation, modeling, mapping and gap analysis)
- Dimensional modeling and data modeling
- Comfortable with relational technology
- Excellent project management in an Agile (SCRUM, Kanban) environment/team focusing on sprint by sprint deliveries
- Ability to conceptualize, organize, simplify
- Comfortable with one or more database engines, preferably Snowflake
- Excellent experience across relevant data technologies, visualization patterns and tools
- Highly proficient or expert in one or more visualization tools, preferably Looker, Tableau, Periscope
- ETL experience is highly preferred, especially DBT
- Experience or exposure to other programming tool sets, e.g. Jupyter Notebook, data formats such as parquet & JSON
- Experience with Cloud-based infrastructure, particularly AWS
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”). Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).