Senior Platform Product Manager, Video at Pluto TV
About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
The Senior Platform Product Manager - Video Engineering Platform will be responsible for managing an Agile development scrum team and backlog that supports and develops enhancements to our Video transcoding and delivery services. This role will offer significant value to the organization by maximizing the power of our streaming platform to support the many products and services that are built upon it. Since our Video streaming technology is so foundational to our business, this role will bring executional skill and a mastery of balancing multiple priorities that will strengthen the stability, performance and capabilities of our platform.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Developing a process for proactively identifying and responding to situations which may negatively impact platform health.
- Organizing, prioritizing, and balancing the backlog for your teams.
- Driving your teams to balance speed and executional excellence
- Actively identifying and removing impediments that may impact team velocity or deliverables.
- Working as a servant-leader within the team, using leadership skills to foster healthy and productive working relationships within your teams.
- Developing and maintaining a healthy working relationship with other functional teams throughout the organization, including but not limited to DevOps, STE, distribution and content services.
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
- At least 5 years of commercial experience in software product/program management in a complex technical environment.
- Working knowledge of core video streaming technologies (encoding, delivery, playback, SSAI).
- Experience with Digital Rights Management technologies and MPEG-DASH is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge in Agile software development. Agile certifications such as PMI-ACP, CSP, or SA are recommended, but we will consider those currently working in an agile environment.
- Adept with software development teams to remove cross-team dependencies, with validated experience driving those teams to higher levels of productivity and efficiency.
- Experience balancing expectations, driving partner reporting, and interfacing between a technical team and business partners.
- Solid understanding of data, and ability to communicate with others fluent in the language of data.
- Experience using data to drive important business decisions.