At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for an experienced leader to help us take our software development capabilities to the next level. The Sr. Agile Product Delivery Lead will foster a learning culture where tight feedback loops unlock innovation and accelerate product delivery. In this role, you will partner with cross-functional leads to evolve our practice, build high performing teams, and optimize product delivery from concept to launch. You will act as a catalyst who uses Lean-Agile principles and practices to solve everyday problems while establishing ways of working that cultivates well-being, i.e. sustainability, creativity, fun, and operational excellence, i.e. alignment, cost, delivery speed, value/quality.
Your proactive stance and experience delivering end-to-end initiatives helps you see beyond the obvious to identify and resolve issues before they become major risks. As a coach, you continuously inspire and energize individuals with varying backgrounds and skill sets and motivate them to achieve a shared vision. Your experience working in high growth environments and navigating ambiguity influences how you engage with teams and individuals: from rolling up your sleeves to establish “the basics,” to gradually stepping back and watching the team win.
- Mentor and guide Product, Design, and Engineering leads on discovery and backlog management best practices
- Ensure teams are focused on successful delivery and continuous improvement
- Maintain an unwavering focus on reducing waste and increasing efficiencies by optimizing processes related to planning, team delivery, communication and reporting
- Play a key role in vertical quarterly planning and budgeting
- Ensure visibility into team planning and impact to company OKRs
- Drive and deliver insights related to team delivery against company goals
- Rally the team and guide delivery to utilize performance metrics
- Work with development teams to optimize their workflow to decrease time to market, optimize testing efforts, improve CI/CD processes, and formulate best practices
- Facilitate inceptions, slicing sessions, team kick-offs and other agile ceremonies effectively and with the ability to both pivot and measure ongoing product delivery
- Train and Coach assigned teams to operate in lean and agile delivery frameworks
- Identify opportunities for improved processes and training across the organization
- Manage cross-team initiatives in line with company goals, inclusive of ensuring stakeholder alignment, communication plans, timelines, and risk management processes are in place
- Scale our Lean-Agile practice across the organization through mentorship, advocacy, and support
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of practicing project, product, or technical leadership in a software development environment
- Ability to design visual, engaging activities and workshops both virtual and in-person
- Passionate about developing people and helping them reach their full potential
- Questions the status quo, are driven by research and feedback, problem solving, and thrives when challenged
- Innovative team player with strong analytical problem solving, conflict management, and interpersonal skills
- Fluent with software development methodologies and practices, e.g. Lean, Agile, XP, Scrum, Kanban
- Expertise in continuous improvement of structure, processes, and tooling to enable teams to deliver more value with less friction
- Ability to foster a metrics-driven approach and create delivery dashboards to enable teams to evaluate and continuously improve
- Proficient with project management tools like Jira and virtual collaboration tools like Miro is preferred
- Seasoned facilitator with a deep toolbox of Lean and Agile processes and workshops, including agile inceptions or design sprints, estimation, story slicing, customer journeys, planning/grooming, stand-ups, and retrospectives to help build high performing teams
- Partners well with Product and Engineering to facilitate value stream mapping, technical planning, and story mapping to clearly define product and engineering goals
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of agile quality and testing methods preferred, e.g. BDD, TDD, Unit Testing and Automation
- Professional training and/or coaching and consulting experience
- Experience working in a high growth environment
A Big Plus:
- Experience with consumer-facing product marketing
- Experience launching a new product, feature, or business line
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.