Product Owner at Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is seeking a tactical, intelligent, and highly-motivated Product Owner to focus on the delivery of our Artificial Intelligence product roadmap; this role is especially suited to individuals with a proven track-record managing delivery of cloud deployed Artificial Intelligence products. The ideal candidate will possess a keen familiarity with Agile methodology and Scrum planning tools, combined with the capacity to synthesize high level and unstructured requirements into actionable work units through problem decomposition and planning.
- Define and manage the technical product roadmap for feature implementations, upgrades, and enhancements, balancing the need for new features, defects, and addressing of technical debt to maintain operational stability of deployed environment.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and UI/UX to create a clear vision of what needs to be built and convey that vision to the Engineering and Data Science organization.
- Capture requirements as a set of actionable user stories and partner with the scrum teams to deliver on tasks in a timely manner; own and manage the backlog and ensure sprint iterations are always ready.
- Work with the development team on a daily basis to ensure work is optimally assigned and executed, help unblock teams when needed and frequently ship releases (goal of continuous release).
- Establish key relationships with internal stakeholders and third-party vendors, track their roadmaps, and influence technical direction. Communicate status, set up meaningful KPIs, track milestones, and gather stakeholder feedback.
- Help standardize processes & technologies, and automation of low value-added tasks. Actively participate in evaluating emerging technologies to support the company's business goals.
- 8+ years of overall experience, 5+ years of software technical product management experience (cloud deployed software experience desired, not required)
- BA/BS degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science preferred or equivalent experience.
- Experience negotiating scope and dependencies. Proven influencing and persuasion skills to operate successfully in a cross-functional manner and collaborate among multiple stakeholder groups with varying priorities and needs.
- Ability to identify and descriptively write concrete actionable work units so as to drive and communicate solutions to technical product challenges
- Comprehensive understanding of cloud infrastructure platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) technologies highly desired
- Keen understanding of large distributed systems, workflow dependencies and system integrations
- Basic knowledge of SQL, application monitoring tools and log analysis to identify & troubleshoot problems desired
- Highly Desirable - Ability to write code for data analysis, prototyping product features and automation
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence company with a technology legacy in Space Exploration. A spinoff of NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab and Caltech, Beyond Limits provides advanced intelligence solutions that go far beyond conventional AI. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides autonomous reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.