Product Owner at NBCUniversal (Remote)
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
- As the Product Owner for Enterprise Product, you will be responsible for implementing strategic data-driven initiatives
- Manage high-profile projects and deliveries
- Experience in managing the end-to-end life cycle of a product
- Work with respective stakeholders responsible for upstream/downstream systems, Data Warehouse, data backbone, and data lake systems, ensuring validation of relevant data sources, consistency, and data integrity are in place
- Be a strategic partner and work with business stakeholders to define high-impact analytical problems and find innovative ways to solve problems with data
- Break down functional and non-functional requirements into user stories, and present them to the team in planning sessions
- Facilitate sprint planning, sprint demo, and retrospective meetings with product and engineering teams to increase creativity while improving efficiency, based on the priorities on our product roadmap
- Ensure appropriate controls and monitoring are in place to enable accurate reporting of status across the portfolio, including timelines, risks, and issues
- Build and support internal and external communication plans, status reports, analyses, and presentations
- Develop testing, validation, and approval process for systems that involve all data-driven lifecycle components
- Ensure the integrity of all reports, data models, and data tables through appropriate maintenance and documentation of data sources, definitions, and calculations used for metrics, KPI's
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reports as determined by the needs of the business
- Minimum 2+ years of product management experience in media, gathering client requirements, writing product and/or technical specifications, working with development teams, and managing product roadmaps as well as launches
- At least 2 years of direct client engagement experience
- 5+ years of experience with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and present the results with attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical skills to present to create analyses that tell a "story" focused on insights and data
- Understanding and ability to deliver trend and data analytics, ability to provide meaningful analysis
- Ability to gather and comprehend requirements and challenges across all levels of the business which can be assisted by data analytics
- Ability to convey complex technical issues internally to both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience with AWS, Snowflake SQL, and Tableau
- Experience with Jira or similar project management tool
- Bachelor's degree in data analytics, business, statistics, mathematics, computer science, or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience in media, ideally with a background in Research Product development and working with clients
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience working with Jira, writing detailed user stories and supporting acceptance criteria
- Hands-on experience with data extraction, manipulation, and analyses; including SQL stored procedures, complex joins, creation of views, and database scripting
- Experience with systems integration, data governance, and security compliance
Remote Workers: This position has been designated as fully remote, meaning that the position is expected to contribute from a non-NBCUniversal worksite, most commonly an employee's residence.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $100,000 - $130,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.