Product Owner at Dubsado (Greater LA Area, CA)
At Dubsado, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small businesses by providing ever-evolving software and putting the customer first in all we do. You’ll be joining a self-funded company that values world-class customer service and education as much as we value designing and developing quality software.
Dubsado is a business management platform with a suite of tools designed to help business owners manage their projects and clients all in one place. From contracts and invoicing to scheduling and automated workflows, Dubsado is on a mission to be the go-to all-in-one solution for managing small businesses in creative industries and beyond.
Our customer obsession drives us to anticipate our users’ needs and exceed their expectations. The development team supports this mission by writing performant and maintainable code with an agile approach. We value simplicity, efficiency, reliability, and scalability so that we can create strong foundations for our ever-evolving software while enabling all of our developers to collaborate effectively.
About The Role
The growing development at Dubsado is small but mighty. As our next product owner, you'll work as a critical bridge between our individual software development teams and our product team. Your role is key to bringing new features to life and you'll have a direct impact helping thousands of small business owners around the world save time and do more.
This is a hybrid position with a schedule of Monday-Friday from 9:00am - 5:00 pm.
- A true team player. At Dubsado, we're family. We laugh and we joke around but we also get things done and hold each other accountable. We're all incredibly motivated and supportive—we regularly give shoutouts to people for big and small accomplishments. When you work here, both you and your work will be valued.
- Someone who enjoys diving deep into new hobbies or technology and sharing that knowledge and excitement. You're a self-starter, you leave your ego at the door, you enjoy helping wherever it is needed, and you truly believe in improving the product.
- Flexible, patient, and willing to learn. These are must-haves. You don't work in a silo—you value collaboration, adapt quickly, and ask for feedback at every step of the way.
- A servant leader. When there is a goal in sight, you are equally part driver and contributor. When there is something that needs to be done to meet the goal, you step up or find the right person for the job. Your efforts motivate others to do give their all.
- Collaborate with the team’s Lead Developer and Product Manager to create and drive goals to maintain productivity and efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Communicate progress, roadblocks, and updates to the cross-functional team and the Dubsado team as a whole
- Along with the Product Manager, create and present detailed demos of new functionality for company-wide meetings
- Facilitate work planning meetings, such as Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Planning, and Retros with the Payments and Invoicing team to ensure alignment of the team’s goals
- Execute Quality Assurance testing for changes made by the team to ensure they meet the technical and product-driven requirements
- Create detailed testing plans to facilitate feature testing with Dubsado’s internal teams
- Work with members of the Customer Care team to solve reported issues with Dubsado’s invoicing, payments, and billing sub-systems.
- Owner of the Payment and Invoicing Team’s backlog, maintaining balance between competing priorities between new feature development and issue response
- Create affiliate code usage reports from the Dubsado billing data for use by the Dubsado Partnerships Team
- 1+ years experience as a Product Owner, Product Manager, QA Analyst, or Scrum Master for a SaaS company
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum/Extreme software development methodologies and mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and team management skills
- Organized and detail oriented Experience working in a fast-paced setting with shifting priorities and timelines
Bonus points for...
- First-hand experience as a freelancer or small business owner
- Experience working with online payment processing software such as PayPal, Square, or Stripe
- Experience working with bookkeeping software such as Quickbooks or Xero
- Familiarity with Jira, Trello, or any other Kanban-style planning software
What to Expect
We have an application process that we follow. After submitting the application along with your resume and references, our hiring team gets to work! They review applications based on a rubric made specifically for this role. If you do not meet the requirements of the position, our team will email you letting you know. If you do meet the requirements, someone from the team will reach out and schedule an introduction call. During that call you will receive more information on how the interview process for that role will progress, as each role’s process can vary.
Applying for a new job is a big step! We are honored that you are interested in joining our incredible team. That being said, we work hard to keep you informed and not left hanging through any point of the hiring process. Either way, we will reach out to you within 5-10 business days. If you have questions, we are always here to help!