Product Manager at ChowNow
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:08 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Are you experienced in digital marketing and love figuring out new ways to connect with customers? Do you thrive on data and optimizing products based on the value they’re generating? Are you passionate about leading small teams to big success? If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to these questions, then read on. We might just have the role for you.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 14,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As our Product Manager responsible for our Restaurant Marketing Platform, you will define, build, launch, and maintain a suite of online marketing tools that will help restaurants grow their business by strengthening relationships with their customers. You’ll partner with our Brand and Growth Marketing teams to identify new areas of opportunity for us to explore. As your product area increases in scope and success, your level of responsibility and influence over strategic company priorities will grow, too.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the development of new products and features that will directly impact our restaurant partners. You’ll represent the Product organization across the company. You’ll help us integrate with strategic partners including Square, Apple, Google, Yelp, and DoorDash. We’re currently processing over $600m in food sales annually with over 1 million monthly active users, and we’re excited about where we’re taking things from here.
This position is located in our Los Angeles Headquarters and reports directly to the Senior Director of Product Management.
Specifically you will:
- Plan a product roadmap that provides simple and effective marketing opportunities for our restaurant customers to connect with their diners.
- Collaborate with our Brand Marketing, Growth, Client Success, and Sales teams to identify new opportunities to enhance ChowNow’s Restaurant Marketing platform.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest digital marketing and e-commerce technologies that provide new ways to solve customer problems.
- Conduct UX research to learn consumer behavior and better empathize with our restaurant clients and their diners.
Within 30 days, you’ll:
- Complete the ChowNow New Hire Ramp Camp.
- Learn ChowNow’s sales process to understand how we position our products and services to demonstrate value to local restaurant owners.
- Learn ChowNow’s client onboarding process to understand how restaurants are set up on the platform and how we help increase revenue for our clients.
- Become familiar with ChowNow’s product development cycle by releasing your first feature into production.
- Conduct customer interviews to empathize with our users and identify product opportunities.
- Gain a complete understanding of our customer lifecycle email programs.
Within 60 days, you’ll:
- Learn about the tech stack, database structure, and system architecture.
- Set key success metrics and establish a high-level product roadmap based on your discovery of customer pain points and how we can solve for them.
- Prioritize product backlog items for two full sprints of design and development work.
- Become familiar with our analytics tools and recommend improvements to our data strategy.
- Complete a competitive analysis of top B2B2C marketing providers to help us identify potential features to explore.
Within 90 days, you'll:
- Work with stakeholders to test proof-of-concepts with clients.
- Refine the product roadmap with scope and rough project milestones.
- Share the product roadmap with key stakeholders and articulate the customer and business impact.
- Release your first major product based on your rollout strategy.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Become known as an enthusiastic product leader and subject matter expert, demonstrating your ability to seek out new ideas, solve problems quickly, and collaborate with teams across ChowNow.
- Define and champion the long term vision of our Restaurant Marketing Platform.
Within 1 year, you’ll:
- Build your product area into a successful new line of business that’s generating additional orders and revenue for our restaurant partners.
You Should Apply If:
- You’re constantly curious about the latest trends in digital marketing, e-commerce, and growth strategies.
- You’re a former product marketing or lifecycle marketing manager, or a product manager who loves marketing.
- You have the ability to tell stories and surface insights through data.
- You have experience building B2B2C products.
- You have experience working with agile teams and are a subject matter expert in teaching agile best practices.
- You can naturally formulate hypotheses and analyze results to hone in on the right decisions.
- You are excited to interact with customers to collect feedback.
- You are able to identify nuggets of opportunity from a sea of data.
- You’re a fan of iterative development, working with cross-functional teams to hypothesize, measure impact, and learn from previous releases to iterate on future roadmap plans.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description