About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a Product Manager, Discovery, to join the Consumer Product Team who will explore and build features for improving the discoverability of content and the viewing experience on our existing platforms. Examples of products and initiatives that improve content discovery include: Search & Browse, Channel Guide (EPG) / Linear Experience and VOD Experience optimizations. This role will report to the Sr Director of Product, Consumer Product.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
Identifying customer needs, conducting market research and defining product requirements based on customer pain points.
Working with the User Experience/Design team to define ways to optimize our product offerings and the user experience.
Working closely with Engineering and Business Intelligence/Data teams to develop and deliver new features across platforms.
Working closely with development, internal and external partners to understand requirements for each platform and drive the product lifecycle for new features.
Driving feature prioritization, process improvements, and product development while balancing key business metrics and product quality.
Generating product requirements/user stories and release plans to enable the Agile teams to develop products on time and successfully execute launches.
Assessing market competition by comparing the company's products to competitors' products.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Product Management with a recent focus on online video and consumer facing experiences.
- Knowledge of video streaming products, online video platforms, and AVOD/SVOD/TVOD business models.
- A strong business sense and ability to clearly articulate the value of your product to internal and external partners.
- Experience delivering products/features on native apps (Mobile, Connected TVs, Web, game consoles and/or other platforms).
- Experience using data to guide decision-making and to validate changes.
- Experience working closely with Engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- Ability to work with remote and offshore teams.
Read Full Job Description