Product Manager - Core Product
The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so guys can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time.
As a Product Manager on our Core Product team, you’ll own the strategy and execution for a variety of products, from customer-facing features (e.g., integrating our offline showroom experience with our online flow) to core e-commerce marketplace initiatives (e.g., pricing engine, credits infrastructure).
You will collaborate with engineering, design, data, showroom, and marketing teams to prioritize and execute against a roadmap that both delivers measurable business impact and unlocks tools/capabilities that set up The Black Tux for future success. On any given day, you may be giving design feedback, instrumenting an A/B test, building a business case for a new initiative, or scoping work with the engineering team.
What You'll Do
- Work together with the product, engineering, and design leads for the Core Product pod to determine the strategy and quarterly OKRs
- Own entire product areas; this includes building the business case, developing the roadmap, writing product specifications, designing the go-to-market strategy, and providing the readout of results
- Ruthlessly prioritize what to do (and importantly: what not to do)
- Be creative - identify new ideas and data sources to solve difficult problems
- Be curious - challenge the way we do things and unearth new opportunities that help move the needle
- Communicate with internal partners on priorities, status, and results of launched initiatives
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree (Technical or other analytical field is a plus)
- 3+ years experience as a product manager designing/developing internet or related technologies
- Consistent track record of driving impactful results through your products
- Highly analytical, with a deep sense of getting to the root cause of issues vs implementing anything/everything your stakeholders throw at you
- Able to develop and execute a roadmap for an entire product area
- High EQ and ability to work with different people across the organization with honesty and compassion
- Experience in e-commerce a plus
- Experience with product analytics tools, (e.g. Amplitude), a plus
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Read Full Job Description