Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
ViacomCBS builds entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on ViacomCBS and its businesses, visit www.viacbs.com. Keep up with ViacomCBS news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacomcbs), Facebook (facebook.com/viacomcbs) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacomcbs).
We are currently looking for a Product Manager, Ad Measurement, who will drive the product efforts for Revenue Product, with particular focus on audience measurement, to ensure the highest, sustained monetization of any platform in the free, ad-supported TV space. In particular, this person will work on measurement capabilities that support advertisers’ ability to evaluate Pluto’s audiences, ad inventory, campaign delivery, and ad campaign results, particularly using 3rd-party measurement. This role reports to the Senior Director of Product, Demand Enablement.Responsibilities Include
This is a significant role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Cross-Functional Team Relationship: Developing and maintaining healthy, productive, working relationships across the core Revenue Product, Program, and Engineering teams; non-Revenue teams (Native Apps, WebTech, Data Engineering); and Ad Operations, Revenue Partnerships, Sales, and Monetization teams.
- Product Requirements: Finalizing product initiatives with clear definition of goals, risks, dependencies, and assumptions, overall approach, and requirements with acceptance criteria.
- Operational QA/Troubleshooting: Triaging ad-related issues with the appropriate resources including independent QA/troubleshooting when possible, and help communicate status/results to partners.
- Product Planning: Defining the product goals, strategies, and roadmap plans for Demand Enablement and ensuring prioritization on the all-up Revenue Product Roadmap.
- Organizational Hierarchy and Hiring: Building and executing an appropriate team staffing and hiring plan that includes roles and responsibilities to achieve team goals.
- Outreach and relationships with key 3rd-party partners: Developing an ongoing relationship with representatives from various 3rd-party partners (eg. FreeWheel, SpotX, Telaria, Nielsen, comScore, and other viewability vendors) to drive Pluto TV’s business and product goals.
- Ad Measurement Subject Matter Expert (SME): Serve as the central source of information on Ad Measurement, the role of measurement within the ad industry and its application to Pluto’s business. Become familiar with industry initiatives related to measurement (eg. IAB standards, ARF, etc) and become adept at describing how each type of measurement has a role in Pluto’s business. Develop and gain approval for metrics related to our Ad Measurement program.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years of commercial product management experience, particularly with shown leadership in the management of a product (or portfolio of products) through the software development lifecycle, from conception to launch to ongoing performance measurement and optimization.
- Experience with digital advertising, preferably in TV or streaming video.
- Adept at tailoring communications depending on the circumstances, whether the audience is technical, non-technical, or executive.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for identifying key problems that are faced by the business, by the market and by current technologies.
- Track record of results when working collaboratively and being dependent on others.
- Comfort analyzing data to identify trends, diagnose problems, and to find solutions
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TVAs stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.