Product Manager, Ad Measurement at Pluto TV
About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a Product Manager, Ad Measurement, who will drive the product efforts for Revenue Product, with particular focus on audience measurement, to ensure the highest, sustained monetization of any platform in the free, ad-supported TV space. In particular, this person will work on measurement capabilities that support advertisers’ ability to evaluate Pluto’s audiences, ad inventory, campaign delivery, and ad campaign results, particularly using 3rd-party measurement.
This role reports to the Director of Product, Demand Enablement.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Cross-Functional Team Relationship: Developing and maintaining healthy, productive, working relationships across the core Revenue Product, Program, and Engineering teams; non-Revenue teams (Native Apps, WebTech, Data Engineering); and Ad Operations, Revenue Partnerships, Sales, and Monetization teams.
- Product Requirements: Finalizing product initiatives with clear definition of goals, risks, dependencies, and assumptions, overall approach, and requirements with acceptance criteria.
- Operational QA/Troubleshooting: Triaging ad-related issues with the appropriate resources including independent QA/troubleshooting when possible, and help communicate status/results to partners.
- Product Planning: Defining the product goals, strategies, and roadmap plans for Demand Enablement and ensuring prioritization on the all-up Revenue Product Roadmap.
- Organizational Hierarchy and Hiring: Building and executing an appropriate team staffing and hiring plan that includes roles and responsibilities to achieve team goals.
- Outreach and relationships with key 3rd-party partners: Developing an ongoing relationship with representatives from various 3rd-party partners (eg. FreeWheel, SpotX, Telaria, Nielsen, comScore, and other viewability vendors) to drive Pluto TV’s business and product goals.
- Ad Measurement Subject Matter Expert (SME): Serve as the central source of information on Ad Measurement, the role of measurement within the ad industry and its application to Pluto’s business. Become familiar with industry initiatives related to measurement (eg. IAB standards, ARF, etc) and become adept at describing how each type of measurement has a role in Pluto’s business. Develop and gain approval for metrics related to our Ad Measurement program.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years of commercial product management experience, particularly with demonstrated leadership in the management of a product (or portfolio of products) through the software development lifecycle, from conception to launch to ongoing performance measurement and optimization.
- Experience with digital advertising, preferably in TV or streaming video.
- Adept at tailoring communications depending on the circumstances, whether the audience is technical, non-technical, or executive.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for identifying key problems that are faced by the business, by the market and by current technologies.
- Track record of results when working collaboratively and being dependent on others.
- Comfort analyzing data to identify trends, diagnose problems, and to find solutions