Greater LA Area
InStride is the global online marketplace for employers to provide career boosting educational credentials to their employees, through the highest-quality universities and colleges. We aim to become the indispensable human capital partner of employers, helping transform them into learning enterprises and unlocking the full potential of the university ecosystem.
As a public-benefit corporation, InStride was formed as a partnership between the industry-leading corporate online education arm of Arizona State University (ASU) and the TPG RISE fund. Building on the university’s successful corporate partnerships with companies like Starbucks and Uber, thousands of degrees from best-in-class public universities will be earned, workplace skills improved, key talent retained and employees lives’ positively impacted.
Founded to champion a movement that moves beyond simple access to higher education, InStride ensures employers can empower their employees to take a meaningful next step in their careers. For more information, please visit www.instride.com.
We are looking for a craft-driven Product Designer to join the InStride team located in Los Angeles, CA.
The Product Designer will be responsible for applying conceptual thinking to create beautiful, data-driven experiences across multiple digital touchpoints, smartly balancing learner needs, a variety of business goals, and evolving technical realities. The ideal candidate has previously helped develop the digital brand experience for a complex e-commerce platform, marketplace, and/or digital media platform.
- Develop the digital brand and identity strategy for our learners, corporate and learning partners.
- Translate concepts into UI designs that illustrate simplicity despite system and technological complexity.
- Create instant tangibility for your team and key stakeholders through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketches to high-fidelity digital prototyping.
- Lead internal design reviews, explain and discuss design decisions eloquently, and give actionable design feedback.
- Partner often with IXD, brand design, technology, and product management to ensure every initiative meets creative and strategic learner, business, and tech goals.
- Create lightweight style guides, annotations, and digital brand guidelines to support easy implementation for our in-house and partner development teams.
- Work closely with product management and development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented at the highest quality.
- Partner with interaction design to map end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including A/B testing, usability testing, learner and stakeholder interviews, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights and verify design concepts.
- 3-5 years experience with an advertising and/or design company or in-house corporate team preferred.
- Demonstrated experience shipping multiple high impact, successful digital products.
- Advanced level skills using Sketch, Figma, Flinto, and Adobe Creative Suite, specifically in Photoshop, and Illustrator. (+Bonus knowledge of 3D graphics packages and motion graphics software like After Effects.)
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS are an advantage.
- Demonstrable skills in illustration, photography, or information visualization and iconography are an advantage.
- Experience creating visual design guidelines and documentation, design language systems and motion studies.
- Ability to juggle multiple top-priority tasks and efficiently focus on delivery.
- Multiple successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business.
- Ability to rapidly ideate and produce multiple UX/UI concepts.
- Must be aware of the latest market and media trends, new aesthetics, materials, UI styles, and a highly refined understanding of typography.
- A mind for best practices, paired with a willingness to try something just crazy enough to work.
- Able to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
- Willingness to travel.
- Actively seek out opportunities for self-development.
- Curiosity, humility, and a passion for doing great work.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates originality and innovation.
- Strong sense of ethics, and responsibility in understanding the way the work we do influences the world around us (learners, corporate partners, learning partners).
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality.
Read Full Job Description