As a Product Designer, you will have a key role in shaping the user experience for our customers and internal stakeholders. Using your full range of interaction, visual, and product thinking skills, you will interface with Product, Design, and Engineering to conceptualize, design, and prototype key user flows and interactions in order to implement the most beautiful and usable interfaces that drive successful business outcomes. Our design team lives and breathes user-centered process to create the best possible end-to-end experience for our customers. We can be scrappy when we need to be, though we are always focused on quality and impact.
What You'll Do
- Work on the entire lifecycle of the product: research, user flows, prototyping, high fidelity comps, and collaborate with engineers on implementation and iteration.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, analysts, and other designers to produce comprehensive interface solutions that drive business results.
- Work with the team to build a design system and establish processes and best practices.
- Create cross-platform flows that take into account the experience on all devices: phones, tablets, laptops, and desktops.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in our products and process and take the initiative to provide solutions.
Who You Are
- Product designer with 1–3 years experience designing and shipping web and/or mobile products. Experience specific to e-commerce is a plus.
- Strong UI and visual design skills.
- You enjoy both details of the craft and deliberate, long-term systems thinking. You enjoy perfecting typography just as much as creating a design system.
- Comfortable designing in Sketch, prototyping in Invision, and expressing motion and interaction with tools such as Principle, Framer, or code.
- Ideally you have a solid understanding of HTML/CSS. Deeper experience coding is helpful, but not a requirement.
- You approach problems holistically and create elegant, simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
- Excellent communication and writing skills: can brainstorm with a group, articulate ideas, and tease out feedback from colleagues.
Benefits and Perks of Working at The Black Tux
- Exciting startup environment
- Weekly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office
- Complimentary dry cleaning & tailoring services
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid parking
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Open vacation time
- Stocked kitchen & pantry
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly team outings
- Free suit and tuxedo rentals
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Read Full Job Description