Greater LA Area
Are you looking for an opportunity to build awesome products that reach a large, passionate audience? Do you like the challenge of creating modern, thoughtful experiences for both web and mobile platforms? Is working closely with a down-to-earth, wickedly talented team to ship frequently and evolve a product your cup of tea? If so, we may just have the perfect opportunity for you.
About the Team:
At ChowNow, we are passionate about serving the needs of over 9,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners (who transact over $1,000,000 daily on the ChowNow platform).
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — 5 minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
About the Position:
As our newest Product Designer, you will help guide our core product and join the team in championing good design and thoughtful user experience. You will play a key role in helping us create scalable, easy-to-use products that truly connect with our users.
The decisions you make will have a huge impact on our customers and provide great learning opportunities. Understanding the importance of testing and feedback is integral to creating a useful and functional product. You will work closely with multiple teams including Engineering and Product to iterate on customer feedback, solve new problems, and empower one another.
As a Product Designer, you will work from our Los Angeles Headquarters.
Specifically, you will:
- Synthesize broad concepts and ideas into engaging and impactful experiences.
- Take product specs/requirements from concept to execution, transforming them into intuitive, user-friendly, UX/UI deliverables.
- Lead user testing sessions with customers and collect data with A/B tests to make more informed design decisions.
- Learn from customer usage and leverage feedback and data to continually iterate, innovate, and evolve the product.
- Work closely with designers, engineers and product managers to define product opportunities and contribute to the overall product strategy.
- Communicate your thoughts and decisions effectively to the executive team.
Within 30 days, you'll..
- Complete our ChowNow New Hire Onboarding Experience.
- Learn the ins and outs of ChowNow and our process.
- Observe 4 product demos with sales team to better know our customers.
- Conduct an analysis of ChowNow’s products and the competitive landscape.
- Dissect requirements for a new feature and begin research and exploration for possible solutions.
Within 60 days, you'll..
- Deliver your first set of user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity interaction designs for a new feature.
- Prepare your first set of detailed design specs for the engineering team.
- Define the metrics you will use to determine the success of your first design solution.
- Communicate your design decisions with stakeholders and the larger team.
Within 90 days, you'll..
- Talk to customers and the support teams to gain empathy for customer problems, needs, and mental models.
- Conduct user testing to help inform product decisions and implement new design thinking based on customer feedback.
- Help build a streamlined user testing process.
- Ship your first feature.
You Should Apply If
- You have a minimum of 4 years experience as a UX designer in web and mobile environments (iOS and Android).
- You have an online portfolio featuring examples of product design work. (No PDFs or Downloads)
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design.
- You’re a highly motivated individual who is self-directed and pays careful attention to detail.
- You’re an outstanding team contributor who is willing to give and receive feedback.
- You have the ability to conceptualize and communicate design ideas to stakeholders and evolve product design within the organization.
- You have experience iterating rapidly and shipping software frequently to evolve a product over time, such as with SaaS products and mobile applications.
- You use Sketch, Adobe Suite, and basic prototyping tools such as Principle and Invision.
- You have a deep understanding of how to frame a problem and work with the team to synthesize new solutions.
About Our Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Open Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave.
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
Read Full Job Description