Product Data Analyst
Why work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
- Slumbr – An event series for the high-minded partygoer, combining fashion, music, and art.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Grindr is seeking an experienced, outgoing and confident Data Analyst to join our Product Team. The leader in this data-intensive role will focus on in-app user behavior and partner with our Product Owners, Product Designers and Data Scientists/Engineers to analyze our users (behavioral, quantitative, qualitative, regional, free, subscriber, etc.) in order to measure results, identify problems, surface opportunities, cultivate insights, inform decisions and support recommendations. This leader is also responsible for reporting on the health and efficacy of both existing & new products during their lifecycle via creation, measurement, and analysis of product KPIs.
- Find, pull, crunch, and interpret large amounts of historical and predictive data from a variety of sources to develop insights, make recommendations and answer key business questions.
- Track both general and specific business activity and provide clear, compelling reports and presentations on a regular basis.
- Provide expert knowledge and recommendations internally and externally on digital media measurement and analytic reporting using common industry platforms and tools.
- Integrate market research data with customer data to create stories and viewpoints that support sales opportunities and client business objectives.
- Partner with product teams to support analytical product development and innovative new features.
- Help identify new feature development opportunities (regional and/or global)
- Measure performance and efficacy of existing features
- Recommend methods of monetization and identify opportunities to drive user engagement
- Improve the overall user experience (efficiency, funnels, flows)
- Identify new ways to grow existing Daily Active Users (free & paid)
- Identify new ways to monetize products and grow advertising and subscription revenue
- Identify ways to improve app response time and performance
- Help optimize user flows and conversion funnels
- Perform competitive analysis and design effective qualitative surveys
- Design, implement and analyze A/B tests and test user hypotheses
- Proven experience with native mobile apps on both Android and iOS required
- 3-4 years experience in sales/marketing analytics capacity, within e-commerce, digital advertising or media buying organizations a plus
- 3-4 years experience in data visualization platforms (Tableau, Looker, Periscope, etc.)
- Highly proficient with SQL or other data manipulation languages
- Advanced skill level using Excel
- Experience with cloud data extraction/manipulation (S3, AWS platforms)
- Passion for facilitating internal and external customer satisfaction
- Ability to thrive in a demanding environment while prioritizing multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal with a focus on quality
- Equally capable working as part of a team or independently
- Curious nature, filled with initiative, addicted to follow-through
- Familiar with Agile team methodologies and ceremonies
- Experience with metrics and marketing platforms like Apptimize, Localytics, AppBoy, Google Analytics, Fabric/Crashlytics
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.